8” X Coil On The Zed. First Day Out

That's pretty cool, you've got some nice hunting grounds, it's good looking gold too.

The weights are pretty close, the 8" being about 835 grams with skid plate and the 12" Z-Search being about 950 grams.  You must be like me, I have two weights my arm notices, light and heavy, no in-between 🙂  I can't tell the difference in weighs of lots of coils on the end of my stick, some people are very sensitive to even a few grams.

I'm very fortunate I can cruise around with my GPZ in normal all the time so I really enjoy using the GPZ, it has a much more dramatic performance increase in normal vs difficult than the GPX does between its normal and difficult settings for some reason.

You wrote a very detailed good usage report.   Hopefully the coil helps you in the future finding some more bits you'd miss with a bigger coil.

• Like 2

Thanks Phrunt. I wish I could run in normal. The difference is quite pronounced but you can only do what you can do. I forgot to mention that the sensitivity was knocked back to about 15 after starting in 18. The variation in mineralisation was quite pronounced over a relatively short distance and made a significant difference in how both machines coped with the ground. As always, the 7000 in the morning is a bit like me, we both need a coffee and a bit of time to warm up before we can operate properly. 

• Like 2