Coiltek 14 DD Goldstalker Vs 14 Elite DD

6 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Then to avoid confusion with the Elite series mono coils, it was renamed the 14" DD Goldstalker

I clipped the following from Rob’s link:

The new DD PRO Elite series are for the sd/gp range only at this point in time. keep tuned for more new coil releases.. peter (coiltek)"

In other words the Elite series are not being recommended by Coiltek for the GPX at this time. Whereas the Goldstalker is a good GPX coil.

5 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

I clipped the following from Rob’s link:

The new DD PRO Elite series are for the sd/gp range only at this point in time. keep tuned for more new coil releases.. peter (coiltek)"

In other words the Elite series are not being recommended by Coiltek for the GPX at this time. Whereas the Goldstalker is a good GPX coil.

Thanks Ron, I read that thread in its entirety, So the Elite is a very old coil, and not an Elite as we now know it today, an Extra Lite coil, E-Lite.

Not Elite as in modern spiral coil, and the DD Pro Elite suits the GP/SD series not ideal for the GPX really showing its age.  

So why on earth is a dealer selling them new this far in the future? Super old stock obviously.  They should be declaring their designed purpose and detector compatibility and pointing out they're not a modern elite series coil.  It's coil cables probably half broken down by now like some of the older Coiltek coils did.

On 5/5/2024 at 2:37 AM, phrunt said:

The DD Pro is the newer version of the now discontinued Goldstalker DD.

I think it's the other way around (well at least here in Australia).

All new Coiltek 14" DD coils are named 14" DD GOLDSTALKER SERIES

I bought one last year. It had to be ordered in from Coiltek.

I always thought of them as a beige colour.

On the US websites, I can see they advertise the Coiltek 14″ DD Pro Elite.

Are these "new old stock" ??? or will a US buyer receive the one in the photo? I'm sure Coiltek aren't producing both versions.

FC7703F9-F92F-4350-88AA-4CDABCC874CC.jpg

Hello to all and thank you Nenad for alerting me to the thread for clarification. It is really as he states here:

The Coiltek 14" DD went through a few different versions. 

Terracotta 14" DD 

Terracotta 14" DD Pro

Tan coloured 14" DD Pro Elite

Tan coloured 14" DD Pro Elite with revised wings

Then to avoid confusion with the Elite series mono coils, it was renamed the 14" DD Goldstalker.

Essentially we went through several revisions and name changes. The DD Pro had more power than the standard and was given the ELITE name with the colour change. When we released the ELITE series of MONO coils in Camo the DD was not a flat winding so we changed its name to the GOLDSTALKER.

Since the DD PRO ELITE version the windings have all remained unchanged so the latest version - GOLDSTALKER DD - operates the same.

So the DD PRO and DD PRO ELITE differed as we moved from standard hookup wire for Tx windings to LITZ wire. turns remained the same.

All of our modern DDs and MONO coils use LITZ wire.

I hope this helps all! 

Trev