Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab CTX 3030 for Gold Nuggets

This thread has me leaning definitely towards the CTX as my first vlf in, bloody hell on thinking, 20 years. Few weeks ago wasn`t even considering a VLF, thanks fellows. Got a fair few tailings and trash sites I`ve avoided for too long.

This thread has me leaning definitely towards the CTX as my first vlf in, bloody hell on thinking, 20 years. Few weeks ago wasn`t even considering a VLF, thanks fellows. Got a fair few tailings and trash sites I`ve avoided for too long.

All I do is camp on the area say tailings piles and detect all day as normal away from camp.

Then after dinner I just wander around the piles.

The only trouble with this is I sometimes get carried away and stay out to late when I find a nice bit!

Good strategy Gold Hound, sort of trouble, that nice bit I can go for. Worst thing the cooks let my tucker go cold by then but an extra port warms it up down below. For interest wandered over under HV line cutting through my ground with the GPZ, knocked it out almost completely. Ground balanced no drama  just a wee warble. No gold but good test on a sunday arvo, mineralised ground, wolfram & moly bit of fluorspar country but not unheard of that gold occurs near wolfram especially near fluorspar.

If you guys are interested I'll do a full write up on gold plucking (thats what we call it) with the CTX in trashy areas in gold field dirt.

I have done 100's of hours of this, and have easily pulled over 10oz since its release.

• Like 5

You got my interest, Gold Hounds for me I see your videos as a lasting record of the electronic gold rush, something future generations can look back.at. Plus more selfishly I can learn from your experience, and go for a CTX myself perhaps.