Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

My New Treasure Talk Blog - Equinox 600 Vs 800

Thank you for saving me a bunch of money! After reading the discussions, I was still not able to decide 600 vs 800. Your blog post gave me the info I needed. Now I wait for my 600 to come in. I took the advice of this forum and called a smaller, authorized dealer. I am #1 on wait list.

I’m guessing I’ll see a slight improvement over my f2 and f44!

Dave

“At least i would get rid of the WM08 as .... I really dont get it yet-- why is it needed if the detector puts out wireless bluetooth already?”

The WM08 provides the option to allow you to to use your favorite wired detecting headphones (e.g., Grey Ghosts) untethered from the detector if you are not a fan of BT headphones.  Since the provided BT headphones are not weatherproof and many detecting headphones are, then you can stuff the WM08 safely on your person out of the weather and use weatherproof phones in foul weather yet remain wireless from the Equinox.  I believe the output of the Equinox and WM08 may be mono (don’t quote me on that).  Search on headphones in the forum for people’s experiences wit various wired phones and adapters plus Steve posted a nifty headphone connector  wiring diagram in one of the threads.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-2.jpg

• Like 3

I was a first time Innovator and can say it was not a mistake.  I'm usually in the Late Majority category.

I'll have a lot to report once I compile the needed information to post only facts as they happen to me.

As always Steve your write ups are fantastically informative and very enjoyable to read and re-read.

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2018 at 8:49 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I will end up with both. Saltwater is hard on detectors. I will have a 600 and it will be the only one to get in saltwater. The 800 will be backup because all saltwater detectors fail eventually. All dry land detecting will go to the 800, with 600 acting as backup and loaner.

I was just thinking the same this morning. Sell my F75 and use the funds for the 600, as a backup/loaner. I'm so far away from salt water that didn't cross my mind until your post. I can see value in focusing my learning to the Equinox as well. Seems very different from the capable F75 in tones and readings. Thanks for the write up!

• Thanks 1