Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1515Art

Redoing My Pac Vac

3 posts in this topic

Out of boredom and while cleaning up around the garage I decided to re make my pac vac using my old blower ang an old back pack weed sprayer, hope it works out better than carrying the 5 gallon bucket...already was great for wasting a couple hours.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 people like this

Good job. There were many times in the past when I wish that I had a Pack Vac around. I used to do a lot of bedrock sniping. Not so much any more. Thanks for posting!

Cool ! Portable enough for when you want to do a little excercise chasing those shy nuggets hiding in crevices and cracks :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By idahogold
      Share w/ others! New Tech!  Cheers, Ig

• By khouse
      I'm wanting to recover CW Bullets faster and easier from the cracks, pockets and holes on the river beds.  I'm wanting to build it out of plastic as not to interfere with the detector.  It will have different sized and shaped tips depending on the size of cracks if needed.  This would be an intermittent pump just for bullet extraction.  It will have a longer wand that would enable me to suck lead standing in 4 feet of water. I would build a simple catch area for the outflow.  It looks like Keene's smallest pump is 100 GPM/6000 GPH for their 2 inch model. I am looking at a 12 volt system and have my eyes on the 4000 GPH Johnson Bilge pump.  Now my question is do you think I can build an electric dredge that can suck big lead to the surface?  Any and all ideas are welcome such as size, nozzle design etc....
    • By Goldgrabber
      Here's a video showing how I've redesigned and made my monster 4" manual gold pump/dredge. I have a previous build version of this 4" manual gold pump on my youtube channel but due to trial & error, I have improved upon the previous design to make my 4" manual gold pump lighter, lose less material and create a smoother suction vacuum.
      These pumps are great to use where you are not allowed to use any mechanical processing to remove material from rivers & streams as this is a purely manual process. One of these 4" manual gold pumps can fill a 1/4" classifier in just 3-4 draws depending on the material being worked, so they can save a lot of time compared to smaller versions of the pump which can take 5-10 minutes to fill the same classifier.
      The cost to make one of these pumps is really minimal, especially if you can scavenge suitable parts because it doesn't have to look pretty as long as it works as its supposed to, I think this cost me about £15 in total to make ($25). I will be taking this pump out with me when my prospecting season starts in the coming weeks and hope to make some more videos to show how it works but if anyone wanted to make one as a project, I highly recommend it as it's a fun build with impressive results.

• By Goldgrabber
      Here's a video describing how I have made a narrow river /. stream gold sluice. This gold sluice has been made with a combination of Vortex, Hi-Low & Gold Hog Razerback & Scrubber mats. The sluice is made of 2mm Aluminium which I had made & shaped at a local steel fabricators and the mats were off-cuts from someone else's sluice build, the other person had no use for them but they were the perfect size for what I wanted to make so the materials for this sluice haven't cost a lot at all.
      This gold sluice has been specifically made narrower than most sluices because I already have a gold sluice for general working conditions, this gold hog matted gold sluice has been made specifically to run in narrow streams and burns, where a normal size/width sluice would not fit. I have previously made a similar rain gutter sluice using ribbed matting but that only seemed to trap the finest of material due to the matting used, so this time I figured I'd use tried and tested matting to ensure the gold sluice will stand the best chance of finding gold from the material as possible.

• By AzViper
      Here are a couple of videos of another concept for recovery gold. The idea is that you can run all day or weekend before a clean out as the gold will stay in the bottom of the drum until you’re ready to do a final clean out. Obviously running wet is better.

Much smaller version using the drum wet or dry.

Anyone interested in building the Drum its based on a mixer sold by Home Depot. The front cone is removed and the paddles inside are removed. Then a 14" or 16" trommel basket is installed with the back of the basket raised off of the back of the mixer. Then a 3/4" or 1" ring is installed on the front edge of the large drum to retain the heavies. Link to the cement mixer at Home Depot. Any quality steel shop would have the means to cut the 1" ring to the diameter of the front edge of the drum as well as rolling the expanded metal or get a pipe and start drilling holes. If you need a drill pattern contact me as I got the pattern to center punch and drill the holes and have evenly spaced holes.
      http://www.homedepot.com/p/Proforce-1-2-HP-Portable-Cement-Mixer-105890DPT/202081851?N=5yc1vZc7qb
      Rather cheap way to have a gold recovery machine running wet or dry... You would have to have a small generator of maybe 1500 watts as the motor is only a 1/2 hp of which generally pulls on the high end of 8.5 amps. If your running wet you would want to place a GFIC outlet between the generator and motor.
      I have never seen one in use but it does look interesting.