Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1515Art

Redoing My Pac Vac

3 posts in this topic

Out of boredom and while cleaning up around the garage I decided to re make my pac vac using my old blower ang an old back pack weed sprayer, hope it works out better than carrying the 5 gallon bucket...already was great for wasting a couple hours.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 people like this

Good job. There were many times in the past when I wish that I had a Pack Vac around. I used to do a lot of bedrock sniping. Not so much any more. Thanks for posting!

Cool ! Portable enough for when you want to do a little excercise chasing those shy nuggets hiding in crevices and cracks :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Triplehooked
      Has anyone tried one of these? Looks like a versatile piece of kit! I'm wondering what kind of run time you would get out of the electric pumps on say a 29 series deep cycle battery...

https://keeneeng.com/mini-max-power-sluice/

• By GB_Amateur
      I understand that there are multiple reasons for panning especially when you include professionals all the way to occasional, recreational prospectors.  I'm definitely near the right end of this spectrum, but I'd like to get better, faster, more efficient.  To be specific, I want to find all the gold in my bucket, and I'm not trying to make a threshold cut at return per time spent.  Here are some questions I have:
      1) Does classification help enough to make it worthwhile to buy, carry, store one or more in the first place?  (If 'no' then I guess the rest of these questions are unnecessary.)
      2) What sizes should one use?  I know there is an array of sizes, but how many of those are useful?
      3) Do you stack multiple sizes in one operation?
      4) Do you still investigate the materials that the classifier rejects as too large?  For example, with the wire mesh types do you dump the contents onto a clean, metal free area and run a detector over them to make sure there isn't a nice size chunk of the magic metal in your rejects?
      5) I know the GPAA sells a set of screens that you swap in/out of a single housing.  Is that the best direction to go if you are going to use multiple sizes?
      If I've missed any important points, please enlighten me on those as well.  Thanks in advance for your answers.

• By johnedoe
      Do we have any beach miners here?
      I'm in Oregon and do a bit of sand sifting. The Oregon laws for the beach include No Power equipment so you have to ground sluice or have a recirculator above the high tide line or above the grass line. Kind of a pain but doable.
      Anyway I have a thread going over at TreasureNet that is a little rambling but it will show ya what kind of equipment I use and some of the results.... Nope nothing like the Nome beaches but it gets me off the couch and I manage to eek out a little color.
      So here's a link to the thread, hope you find some humor in it as well as maybe a little info. too.
      http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/sluicing/454120-got-out-little-today.html
      If we get a discussion going here I will just post anything new here instead of a link to another forum.
      Thank's for looking.
      Also does anyone have any info on beach mining in northern cal.? I can't find a thing on it and I have heard of a couple very promising beaches. But I won't spend the time and energy on them and the trip without some knowledge on the regs.
    • By Bryce
      On a side note Steve,
      I bought my first sluice, a Keene A52 hand sluice, from AMDS back in 2010 when on my first and so far only trip to Anchorage. You built an awesome store, and the staff were super friendly and helpful. Definetly a good reason to go back there, once the exchange rate improves.
      Cheers!
      It's now the secondary recovery section on my wash plant setup.

• By idahogold
      Share w/ others! New Tech!  Cheers, Ig