Testing The Vanquish 540

Just one more thing about the 540 , the Vanquish 540 plus the V12 coil is at 440e euros  , so almost in the 400e range 🙂. ..And from what I saw during my 4 hours testing , the 540 + V12 coil is a great detector excellent on low/medium iron trashed areas. Probably the best detector made by Minelab during these last years , at a very competitive price. The only thing missing with the 540 / 440e are the ML80 Wireless headphones , but they can be purchased as an accessory later.

I did a small separation nailboard test .... on a 4 gram silver coin ...

Vanquish 340 - V10 coil ... gained 5 points out of 8max ..

Equinox 800- 11 "reel ... scored in the nailboard test this 6-6.5 points out of 8 points max ...

Equinox 800 -11 "has been tested in Park2, ... recovery speed 6, IronBias F2 ... has been set to 5 .... to eliminate false signals from nails ...

By default, the Iron Bias F2 at Vanquish. 340 .. guess at value = 4 Equinox ..- ..Vanquish falsifies a little more on nails ..

Equinox 800 on Iron bias F2 =5 .....falsifies on nails less than Vanquish 340 ....

IMG_20200325_170044.jpg

IMG_20200325_165015.jpg

IMG_20200324_123250.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting test , then the Nox 11 looks  better than the  340 V10. Would have be interesting to try any iron trash specialized machine like the Deus HF , Teknetics G2 or Tesoro Lobo on your test  …

Probably you would have seen the difference , knowing that such a test only partially reflects the reality because it is a surface ( 2D ) test ( the nails are all laying at the surface of the ground ) , while on the field the ferrous ( nails ) are located at different depths ( 3D ) …    Not easy to reproduce on a bed test ...

So far, I've tested some of my detectors in this 2D "Monte-style nailboard test" ... but I'm going to continue testing the 4g Silver Coin and test Teknetic G2 .... and Tesoro Mojave ... and more detectors I own ..

An essential element in my separation tests is also the Deep Separation 3D Test of this type ....

2D nailboard and 3D deep separation test excellently show the separation capabilities of Detectors and coils of various sizes ...Because 2D nailboard tests and 3D depth tests have conflicting requirements for optimum coil size ..

2D nailboard Test -small  4-6" DD coil its better.  11 " DD coil is still significantly worse ...

3D deep separation test -11 " DD coil works great here ..
Small 5-6 "or ellipse DD coils .... I work very poorly in this test ... or I don't work in general..

An excellent compromise here could be a 9 "round  DDcoil... - and it also lies in the magic of Deus  ,Golden-Mask  detector ..excellent 2 and 3D separation, excellent sensitivity, and sufficient depth range in one 9 "coil of powerful detectors.

This test is a bit less demanding ... assuming a good combination of detector setup and appropriate coil size ... this test can pass many "good" detectors.

IMG_20200301_230521_363 (1).jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Another 3D test is already very demanding ... and perfectly shows why some detectors are exceptionally in 3D deep separation ..0.6 gram 9Kt gold ring is a very demanding target ...

IMG_20200301_225810_715 (1).jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But we depart from the main theme of the MINELAB VANQUISH 340 ....

IT IS A EXCELLENT DETECTOR FOR THAT VALUE FOR WHICH IS SALE.

AND THE MULTI ID ACCURACY AT THE BORDER OF DEPH DETECTION ... IT IS UNKNOWN IN THIS PRICE CATEGORY ..

• Like 1

Yes perhaps I should have opened a new thread named "testing the vanquish 540" , actually I did not find the way to do it in this forum and I was short in time I decided to join this vanquish 340 thread ... 

Otherwise you conclude in your last post that the 340 is an excellent detector , it does not surprise me because its electronics must be very close to the 540,  so you are right, for sure the Vanquish 340 at 240e is a bargain ...

Your 3D test yes very interesting also. Actually I had an other idea about this 3D test. Why not reuse the box system , simply filling a box with ground mixed with old nails , and a coin in the middle?  Doing this it would reproduce almost exactly the field conditions . Probably I will do this when it is possible in a few weeks , filling a box with let say 20cm height of ground containing old nails , with a little coin buried at say 10cms depth  , and see what happens with the detectors ....

Up to now I was just using the boxes filled with ground with no iron in it, just for pure depth perfos  . I do the separation tests on the field and with the experience I can quickly see after a few hours the differences between the detectors in high iron trashed areas, just comparing the numbers of targets found by each detector during a given detection time.  Again clearly the minelabs even the last Equinox and Vanquish are not the best, they are a little too slow to locate the targets among the nails probably due to the calculation time of the multifrequency algorithms , and on such areas a monofreq like the Deus at 30khz is much faster , then more efficient for finding the targets amsong the nails. However I use the XPs since 2007 ( goldmaxx ) and 2013 ( deus ) , so I am very experienced with these machines , that helps a lot ….

• Like 1

My 3D deep separation test was the answer to this YT test ...
Of course, properly set up Equinox has no problem to pass such a test. as well as many good detectors on the right coils. , because for this test enough detector with a frequency of 6.6 Khz .............

Over time, I have made this test even more challenging ... and more difficult ... it's a 0.6gram 9KT gold ring ... but you can also use a 17mm -0.6gram silver hammered as the same equivalent ..
  Here, it will be necessary to increase the frequency of the detector ...- but only increase the frequency ... here is still not automatically guaranteed only a good result ..

This demanding test can handle only two of my detectors so far .. Equinox 800 at multi frequency and Rutus Alter 71 at frequency from 14khz -18.4khz ...

Vista Gold Gain 30khz gives only partial and also and quite irregular signal ....- but it can already be considered a success .. in separation..

• Like 2

Anyway  it looks like that Minelab has done a great job with the Vanquish series , so thanks to them because I suppose that hundred of hours have been spent on this project in Australia , well done ... 

Vanquish ... was a really challenging task for Minelab because optimizing the detector for a customized multi-frequency multi-IQ program (beach type1) for a variety of environments and detection conditions requires a lot of effort..and it's not easy .... advantages of this technology .. ID quality in depth .., and working in various terrain mineralization ..

It is also almost impossible to prove that Multi-IQ technology has been promoted in this price range ... because multi-frequency detectors have always been expensive in the past.

I believe that this Multy-IQ technology will be further improved.

• Like 3

My 3D deep separation test was the answer to this YT test ...
Of course, properly set up Equinox has no problem to pass such a test. as well as many good detectors on the right coils. , because for this test enough detector with a frequency of 6.6 Khz .............

-------->

El nino , I just had a look on the sweedish separation test video that I had not seen up to now  . Actually I do not agree with you , the Nox does not pass this test. The Nox 11 coil must be swept VERY VERY slowly to get a correct signal , while the Deus gets a signal at slow , medium and even at high sweep speed . That makes all the difference between the Deus and the Nox.

Because on the field you would never sweep at ultra low speed , it would take too long time to cover a given area.

In addition , notice that we use the 9 coil on the deus on iron infested sites , rather than the big 11coil . The 9 coil would be better than the 11 on the sweedish test. BTW this polyvalent 9 sized coil does not even exist for the Nox … You have to use the 6 coil with is very(too ) small.

Would be very interesting to test the Vanquish with the V8 , V10 , V12 coils on this sweedish test ... 

• Like 1

Equinox -Tone break is set to 2 in the Field 2 program, changed to 0, and open the Discrimination Accept -2 to 40 ... and this test goes to Recovery sped 5,6,7,8 ...:wink:

Vanquish 340 does not pass this test, maybe even because of my small 7 "V10 coil ..

. But according to me ..... the 9" V12 coil should work better in this test ..
  • Like 2