Minelab Vanquish 340 And 'all-metal' Mode Recovery Speed

Would anybody know if on Vanquish 340 in the 'All Metal' mode, the baked-in recovery speed is the same as either in Coins Mode (fast speed) or in Jewellery Mode (medium speed), or perhaps it uses a slower recovery speed (just like the Relic mode in the 440 and 540 models)?

• 2 weeks later...

A request for Vanquish 340 users (as I have no access to it now, but was asked this question):

The recovery speed is baked into modes in all Vanquish models.  In the 440 model, the recovery speed is fast in Coins Mode, slower in Jewelry Mode, and the slowest in the Relic mode.

In the 340 model, the recovery speeds seem to be the same as in the 440 for Coins (fast) and Jewelry (medium) modes.  What is the recovery speed in the 340's All Metal mode?

Thanks!

From experience with the 340, and the 540, I can say that the recovery speed in All Metal on the 340 is very close to the Jewelry setting. 

5 hours ago, mcjtom said:

The recovery speed is baked into modes in all Vanquish models.  In the 440 model, the recovery speed is fast in Coins Mode, slower in Jewelry Mode, and the slowest in the Relic mode.

According to the Vanquish manual, that's correct 🙂

IMG_20200508_191358.thumb.jpg.8e08a9bc61655e84d04bf58796fab851.jpgWhen comparing the Vanquish 340 programs separately, you have to take into account one more thing... that the coin program and the jewelry program and the all metal program have a different level of discrimination...
the sperky program has a fixed discrimination set to 0, while the coin program has a fixed discrimination set to 10....
the program "all metal" does not have any discrimination set, but it has a setting with the setting "tone break" /tone discrimination at 0/...
so such a setting can have an effect on the separation of good targets in iron...

the Vanquis 440 and 540 models already have an independent discrimination setting in all programs, "and in this way, in my opinion, they can achieve somewhat better separation results in some of their programs..

On 4/14/2024 at 10:12 PM, MD4V.org said:

From experience with the 340, and the 540, I can say that the recovery speed in All Metal on the 340 is very close to the Jewelry setting. 

So in other words, would it be correct to say that the recovery speed on the 340 in its All Metal mode feels more similar to the Jewelry setting than to the slower recovery used in the Relic mode on the 540?

6 hours ago, mcjtom said:

So in other words, would it be correct to say that the recovery speed on the 340 in its All Metal mode feels more similar to the Jewelry setting than to the slower recovery used in the Relic mode on the 540?

Yes, in my opinion that is correct.