DavidDigs4Free

What Up In The Halls Of Detector Prospector? Greetings From The High Plains.

I started Metal Detecting about 20 yrs. ago and it didn't take long before I was hooked. My first detector was a Minelab Sovereign XS, and I soon became very interested in learning my areas local history to try and put my coil over ground where people of the 1800's and early 1900's were gathered together and possibly leaking coins. My career took me to different parts of the US and for a while I stopped detecting all together, but now that I'm retired with plenty of time on my hands I've decided to get back into Coin Hunting. I am amazed at the advances in Metal Detector technology over the years and have my work cut out for me studying and learning how to use and interpret what my new detectors are telling me. This is the main reason for my membership, to learn and acquire knowledge with respect to the advances of these new detectors. So I want to say Hello to everyone and thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard David and I hope to see some of your posts. When you add pictures it really gets everyone's  attention.

Hi David, welcome to the forum

Love your pooch!

Welcome David,

Your detecting journey parallels many of us here!

Let the fun and knowledge commence!👍👍

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Cheryl3713
      Hello, recently I've been given some of my  Uncle's things that he used while prospecting in California from the 1970's until about 1995 in the motherlode area, I only panned as a child and observed stream dregding so this is all new to me.  I received an E-Z Pickins dry vac back pack.  It's missing a few things so it needs work, but it has a manual of 27 pages in fairly decent shape.  If anyone wants a copy I'm willing to make them one cost of materials and a small processing fee for my time.  I have a copy of Dry Washing for Gold thats 81 pages if anyone is searching for that publication.  Thank you.

• By CreationCavern
      Hello! my name is Xabi, I just got recommended this forum and here I am. I come from the north of Spain, Basque Country. I am an enthusiast just like you. Also as a part time hobby since my job is design engineer, I design and 3dprint some accessories for metal detectors, which I may post if It is not considered spam. Hoping to meet people around the world here and learn some interesting stuff about MD.
      Regards, 

Xabi
    • By Filgiggs
      Hello am Felix from Ghana
    • By canoe
      Am in N. Central Tx. and am currently using a MXT that is a number of years old.  I will be asking about the newer models in the near future.
      Anyway, howdy to all.
    • By TexasMike
      I have been on here gathering information for my nox 800. After seeing all the information, decided to join! I have my sister (unfortunately with all this loss) going on, I bought her the vanquish 540 pack. Trying to give her some freedom time. Needless to say we are a few hrs from Galveston. Hoping to go this Thursday and give her some hope in finding something. Great seeing everyone giving information and help on here. Thanks Steve for this forum! 
      Mike in Texas
    • By JavaRelicHunter
      Hello everyone,
      I'm from Java, Indonesia. I started my metal detecting journey since last year because I love history and gold. I own Garrett AT Max, Minelab Equinox 800 and waiting for the new Nokta Gold Kruzer.
      Cheers,
      JRH