DavidDigs4Free

What Up In The Halls Of Detector Prospector? Greetings From The High Plains.

I started Metal Detecting about 20 yrs. ago and it didn't take long before I was hooked. My first detector was a Minelab Sovereign XS, and I soon became very interested in learning my areas local history to try and put my coil over ground where people of the 1800's and early 1900's were gathered together and possibly leaking coins. My career took me to different parts of the US and for a while I stopped detecting all together, but now that I'm retired with plenty of time on my hands I've decided to get back into Coin Hunting. I am amazed at the advances in Metal Detector technology over the years and have my work cut out for me studying and learning how to use and interpret what my new detectors are telling me. This is the main reason for my membership, to learn and acquire knowledge with respect to the advances of these new detectors. So I want to say Hello to everyone and thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard David and I hope to see some of your posts. When you add pictures it really gets everyone's  attention.

Hi David, welcome to the forum

Love your pooch!

Welcome David,

Your detecting journey parallels many of us here!

Let the fun and knowledge commence!👍👍

On 5/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, DavidDigs4Free said:

I am amazed at the advances in Metal Detector technology over the years and have my work cut out for me studying and learning how to use and interpret what my new detectors are telling me. This is the main reason for my membership, to learn and acquire knowledge with respect to the advances of these new detectors.

Welcome David!

You have certainly arrived at the right place. As a new detectorist, I'd be lost without the pool of knowledge here, and the great advice and encouragement I've received from more experienced members.

Best of luck,

~Bash