Which Of These 3 Coils For Underwater Work?

Tony

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

If you get stuck with the surgery, I can help

Thanks Tony!

I'm waiting for some stuff to complete the lithium battery pack and some adjustments...

The coil will be the last part of the job...I'm also looking for a sort of plastic anticut sheath to cover the entire coil's cable lenght..Colour can be the final touch for control box and coil too...I actually disgust that screaming yellow...

I'm recently in love with Matt black and maybe this can be the new livery...

Already done my Ctx with the same colour and it looks like a stealth plane🤩

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pjrough said:

You can use a heat shrink tube to protect the cable...

Cheap and effective way...But what do You think of these?

I'd go with the red one🔥

s-l400 (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A little update of coil swap and some battery mods...

I managed to finish the wiring work this morning and honestly I'm a bit pissed....

I mean, the Beachhunter is maybe cheaper than other machines and effective too, so this can balance the expectations on it..But...If you open the control box, even as a rookie like me, You'll be surprised of work quality on the PCB!Fragile and way cheap to say the least.

Jeez...I was afraid to destroy something even moving the board a little, then I decided to don't disconnect anything and proceed to wire as I was, with a really tiny space.

Thanks to Tony and Joe OBN suggestions I've been able to finish without ruin the machine but what a fuck...g work.

Not to mention the gasket, seriously a nightmare to close again and in fact I'm waiting to re/open the box to do other things on the upper side and better check the enclosure.

I only turned on for a couple minutes to check the 16V battery pack and to move some objects on the new coil..

Nothing special to say before real underwater session.

A bit of misappont regard the Detech Mono, as I feel it scarce in build quality! If You shake it in up and down motion, you can feel the windings and epoxy to hit the housing!🤐.

I definitely don't like the coil's feeling on land yet and just hope it will last a dozen of hunts  submerged,to assure the payback time at least.🙄

Pictures soon ( I'm sorry)...Right now the storm is approaching on my garden work table😭