Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

In Over My Head

TechGuy

That’s a tuff target there. Do a factory reset and start over to find the best settings to recover. Many question if a new detector is working, especially if new to the game, I’m sure it is.

minelab-equinox-reset-profile-factory-reset.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, that is a long time for a gravel parking lot.

your detector if shipped would be double boxed...if you bought it local and brand new there should not be scratches at all.

Go back to the dealer if local..

.if you got it on the net?.??

read the on line manual, do the factory reset. Do the noise cancel. Select park 1 .

push the horse shoe button...this will detect very small stuff."..

or fiind a detecting club and ask for help

good luck 

• Like 2

Make sure your skimming the ground on that one. Target is small and might just about need to touch it with the coil. Buddy of mine is new and tends to swing is coil couple inches off the ground, drives me crazy hehe.

• Like 1

Fred hit the nail on the head!  A novice should be looking for a club nearby to get involved or find a seasoned hunter who knows what he is doing (possibly Ring Finders).  Good Luck.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 4

On 9/6/2019 at 9:25 PM, TechGuy said:

I am brand new to metal detecting.

TechGuy,

I am also very new to this and have found very valuable information from this group.

In the short amount of time with my new 800 I have been able to find a lot of things I never thought I ever would have.

I give all the credit to the fine people of  this forum.

Several have given you some of the best tips to try to locate your missing item that you want to find and I surely would do as they suggest.

Steve and GB have given you a way to locate what you are looking for and they love taking the time to help if you are willing to help yourself in learning the detector.

Should that fail you could get a black light and search at night and the diamond will give off a prizim effect when the light hits it. I found that at night I could find diamonds better with the light a little easier.

But remember that you must have patience with learning this detector as it will locate things that others will not find.

• Like 1

TechGuy,

1 thing I forgot to mention with the light is that you can't have dew on the ground when you use the light.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, fredmason said:

Will we ever know the rest of this story?

Fred,

I hope we hear something back on what happened, did he find it, did he give up, or is it still missing?

• Like 1