Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Fisher Impulse AQ Unboxing & First Photos

14 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

I read that it was supposed to, but I got only one.

The battery pack slides on to the rod in a dovetail groove and is held in place by two screws with thumb heads - easy to change and pretty easy for aftermarket folks to develop other configurations if they want to

Are they lithium ion? 

There wasn’t much to the unboxing - pull out the inner sleeve from the plain brown cardboard box and unroll it - viola. I have posted pictures of the result.

A video would add nothing and with the primitive state of my understanding of editing video would take me hours which I can’t spare right now.

Sorry.

In general, I don’t plan to make any videos until I am thoroughly comfortable with the AQ and can adequately demonstrate its capabilities and limitations.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

There wasn’t much to the unboxing - pull out the inner sleeve from the plain brown cardboard box and unroll it - viola. I have posted pictures of the result.

A video would add nothing and with the primitive state of my understanding of editing video would take me hours which I can’t spare right now.

Sorry.

In general, I don’t plan to make any videos until I am thoroughly comfortable with the AQ and can adequately demonstrate its capabilities and limitations.

i will start making videos
in a few days
I expect a quality external speaker
for audio output / and make you hear the different tones

in the meantime, here are two
one already seen and a glimpse of the depth on black sand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubQ8sMSADSE

I am not a filmmaker! .....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LE.JAG said:

i will start making videos
in a few days
I expect a quality external speaker
for audio output / and make you hear the different tones

in the meantime, here are two
one already seen and a glimpse of the depth on black sand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubQ8sMSADSE

I am not a filmmaker! .....

Le. Jag,

Can you make a video of a real time beach hunt?  One where you are detecting on a beach just like anyone else and film a real live gold ring dig?  I know everyone loves to see piles of gold rings that you have already dug, but a real live dig on the beach would probably convince more detectorist that the Impulse AQ is much better than any other beach detector on the market as they would see it like they were detecting it themselves.  

Thanks,

Joe

• Like 3