Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Winter Prospecting This Year, Reasonable Choices?

1515Art

Paul,

no, no, no... i called you my hero!!! let me set this straight right away, I would be stupid to take my 14 year old 210,000. mile SUV out into the Nevada outback, in the dead of winter when the traction control is on the fritz and whenever i get stuck on something it has the nasty habit of shifting itself into reverse, it did this climbing out of the nastiest road out of the American river I've ever been on almost sending me over the edge of the road.

rucky chucky?

1515Art; If that is all that is wrong with your rig It sounds like a much better prospecting vehicle than mine. I would have replaced mine with something a lot nicer (something with a top and doors and a heater and breaks and wipers and fewer welds on the steering system and frame) but I bought a 7000 instead.

We got spoiled up here the last couple of years being able to work the high country into late December. I might have some possibilities down in the low lands so I'm hoping my employer fires me.

• Like 4

Hmmm... I do have doors a top and a heater air conditioner that work pretty good and flipping a switch gets my butt warm,,, emmm, i mean the seat heater still works, I don't have any welds although one of the motor mounts is broken and so is the front tie rod (blasting up same said dirt road) I'm getting to kind of like the added challenge cornering, so OK hands down you win... but hey, like you said we have the ZEE!!!

rucky chucky? I don't know anything about that one, this road is near the western states trail and heads all the way down to the river. 

yah sounds like rucky chucky, found a nice nugget there once crevacing