Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Nokta Makro Simultaneous Multi Frequency And Endless Possibilities For The Future

maybe beating NM to the punch by Garrett's Apex was just a glancing blow. they seemed to have shrugged it off and have left it in the past. maybe, sometimes having high expectations or unrealistic expectations is setting the bar high. those who are not afraid of doing that sometimes succeed. Minelab is a great example of that and perhaps NM is too

On the various forums (that I read) a number of people have cited Minelab’s (smf) head start, and their patents, as a major road-block in Nokta-Makro’s path. That’s certainly a logical point, and likely the safe money bet.

But...

Nokta-Makro (Dilek) has been rather forward in stating their intent to produce a machine that competes head-to-head with the Nox 800 - and offer more for less.

Marketing hype?

Maybe.

It could be that the “more” are features - bells and whistles mostly. Or it could be that NM found a new way to “skin the cat” and their new (smf) machine will offer more performance and more features; all without infringing upon a single patent.

I’m not pretending that is the case, but I’m not going to categorically ignore the possibility either (no matter how unlikely it is).

I have zero doubt that NM engineers know what makes the Nox 800 tick. They know its capabilities. It would be unreasonable to think NM doesn’t have several Nox 800's in their possession. (And Minelab will have several of the new NM machines in their possession, so they can see how it works - once that machine is released)

There is a reason why NM (Dilek) has worded statements in the manner that she has. Dilek is a very astute person; she isn’t about to make grandiose claims that will come back to bite her at a later date. Her words/statements have been carefully chosen.

For many avid hunters Dilek is Nokta-Makro. She has spent considerable energy/time cultivating our trust and respect. Dilek has gone out of her way to provide outstanding service countless times: she has made Nokta-Makro an incredible success story, and a force to be reckoned with. She isn’t going to chance all that by making claims that have no possibility of being valid: She is far too intelligent to do that.

For me - if it was anyone else (from any other company) making statements along the lines of directly competing with the 800lb gorilla that is the Nox; I’d immediately discount those comments as being marketing nonsense. As it is, I trust that Dilek knows a lot more than I do, and if she says their new machine will compete directly - she believes it. And I’m inclined to believe the claims are very possible. Call it blind faith in someone who has earned my trust.

• Like 8

I'm taking them at their word. They are coming for the Equinox buyer's market primarily, the Apex market is slightly secondary, They intend to get a large portion of both. Market share is the goal, but prestige plays a big part too.

• Like 4

I think Garrett purposefully limited the Apex so they've got some left in the tank for the ATpex, their multi frequency technology is probably better than it may seem and they're refining it for the higher end model which they may time for release when Nokta is about to hit the market with their machine, who knows? It would be a good thing for them to do.  First to the post often gets the most sales.

I'll be pleasantly surprised and also very happy if Nokta do achieve multi-IQ performance from their multi frequency detector, and I'd be quick to get one .  My Simplex is better build quality than my Nox 800, including the coils.  I think to maximize profits Minelab went a bit too cheap on build quality, something Nokta never does.

I'm not at all impressed by the performance of my Simplex however, it's because the things that matter to me are the things the Simplex is weak at, accurate target ID's and depth, and most importantly a combination of both.....  Hopefully this is improved on the Multi Freaker, I've never used a high end Nokta so maybe I'm just a bit hard on their entry level unit however entry level now from a few manufacturers is often exceeding or very competitive with flagships from other companies in many ways.

In hindsight the naming contest years ago was a bit of a mistake, I'm sure they realize that now...

I think it's vital Nokta consider advancing their focus on a PI prospecting machine, they said about the time they did the naming contest for the multi machine they were going to do a PI gold machine....   This is an area of the market that's open for the taking, a lower priced PI prospecting machine with good performance would sell well.  It doesn't have to better or equal the Minelabs, it just has to be in the game, something equal to a QED in performance perhaps with automatic ground balance or a ground grab button and a far better build quality than the QED which is the norm for Nokta anyway and they'd be on a winner and fill a gap the market desperately needs filled.

• Like 6

IMO, Dilek said what she could say (including some things that needed to be said).  Stock carbon fiber shaft -- that will be well received.

I wish someone had asked more about coils.  I wonder if they will make a concentric.  I hope they will allow aftermarket manufacturers to make coils for it.  They've done that pretty well in the past, I think.

She certainly made it 100% clear who their primarly competitor is (and specifically which detector), even though she was careful not to name names.  :biggrin:  The detecting world may be receiving an exciting Christmas present (fingers crossed).

• Like 2

The only thing I would question from the link I last posted is that the SMF machine would be lighter than the Simplex, which would seem impossible. Simplex weighs 2.9 ibs. To the Simplex housing you’re also adding an external battery in waterproof casing and presumably slightly more electronics. The weight from some of the latest  interviews of 3.8-3.9 pounds sounds more feasible. But then maybe it sounded as heavy to them as it does to some of us. I could see them trying to get it down to 3.5, but lighter than Simplex seems out of reach, though I can’t say anything for certain.

• Like 1