Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Plantar Fasciitis, Or?!! My Heel Really Hurts!!

Joe D.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:45 AM, ospreypaul said:

Major reason for your condition is chronic magnesium deficiency which combined with lack of vitamin D causes your body to not use serum calcium. It can cause other problems such as kidney stones,bursitis. Get a good mulitvitamin and mineral supplement and eat a few more salads as vegetables have a good amount of magnesium. My wife had that condition and was suffering for a couple months with little help from her doctor. I researched it and convinced her to do as I've told you. She now eats more salads than I do,lol. She recovered and hasn't had any issues with it in over a decade. In addition to mag and vitamin D3, trace minerals which contain boron and adding some bromelain should get you back to swinging in a couple months. If you don't you might take years if ever to get back out there.

I agree. My wife is a certified health coach and she's always telling me how to keep fit for detecting. Getting the right nutrients when they are needed is a good start. But, I also agree that proper footing can do wonders as well. Add dehydration to the mix and it seems to aggravate or initiate a lot of muscle and joint issues for me. I had the same thing happen on a long awaited hunt... First scoop into the hard packed shell sand, and the scoop twisted. It shot a pain right up my leg. I thought I was done for the day. But like others, I gingerly limped along and soon after it was still sore, but bearable. It's a terrible joke life plays on us allowing our brain to think we are still 20 overriding our body's screams that we are old!!! ?

• Like 2

Had it a couple years ago lasted for a long time maybe 6-8 months don't want it again...came on rather fast one foot then the other...wearing the same boots for years no problem then bam...tried some special shoes for a while and that helped a lot then some inserts in the boots helped as well...problem just gradually went away and has not came back since. Cant imagine having it for years on end...back to wearing the same boots with no problems for almost 2 years now...go figure...some of this has to do with generalized inflammation in our entire body...it will move from one area to the next...right now it's my left hand.... getting old is wonderful except for this kinda stuff.  ? 

strick

• Like 1

Strick,

More or less the same for me! Acts up out of the blue in one foot than sometimes hits the other! Luckily it hasn't been at the same time! 

Unfortunately, it seems to be a more common problem, than I thought!

In any case, only a minor setback when put into perspective of possible ailments we could get! But thanks for all the suggestions and support from everyone!!??

• Like 1

That's a great "Bush Fix" Tv! I'll save that for next time it happens, for some immediate relief! Mini roles of duct tape are a travel necessity, wherever you are!! Great for a temp fix of a broken coil tab, and many other items too!!???

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

i roles of duct tape are a travel necessity, wherever you are!! Great for a temp fix for broken coil tabs too!!???

Astronauts even bring it with them lol

strick

• Like 2

I’m in the Plantar Fasciitis club as well……..tried many things before finally seeing a Podiatrist. The first thing she noticed was a severe “heel strike” in my gait. I’ve been working on this to lessen the heel impact and to get more of the initial landing towards to the front half of my foot. It has improved a great deal already but I have to be aware of how I walk or the old style will creep back in.

• Like 2

I developed this condition in 2005, while moving from Alaska to Oregon. Had to buy a cane to be able to walk. When I got to Oregon a friend told me that a friend of his also got what seemed to be the same thing I had. He said that his friend heard about talking Coral Calcium for it and it worked. So I got some and within a few days it was gone and has never returned.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

I'll just cut right to the source, and chew on some coral!!?  I'm always picking up pieces, and shells, when I detect, for two fish tanks, and big glass jars at home!!

Seriously, may be worth a try!! Thanks!!?

Just got out this evening to mow the grass! For some reason, nothing will stop growing, while my foot hurts!!?  It was bearable, with some new inserts, but still uncomfortable! But the show must go on, and I'm tired of sitting on my a$$ this week! Gonna try a park hunt or two next week, and work it slowly! Gotta be better by our "Winter" beach season, or I'll just hack it off, and replace it with a "big" coil, and a hip mount!!???

• Like 3