Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Quest Xpointer Max Review (update 2)

On 12/7/2021 at 7:17 PM, mh9162013 said:

Great review!

And bummer on the battery life, especially given how finicky it is to charge and how it can't be charged in the field, while in use like the Equinox can (although I can't imagine what it would take to design a pinpointer that can be easily used while being charged).

The Pro-Find 35 has discrimination ability, but the ferrous and nonferrous sounds are very similar to each other...but then again, I don't have the best ears, so maybe it's just me.

Yes sir pro find tones are easily not noticed to me anyway! I do get in the zone and excited though. I've had one since it came out and just recently started paying attention to the ferrous pulsating sweetness! Pulsating sweetness! Lol saved me effort a few times today actually!

• Like 1

The Pro-Find has less depth when discrimination is enabled, that's enough reason for me not to use it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

The Pro-Find has less depth when discrimination is enabled, that's enough reason for me not to use it.

I didn't know the Pro Find had discrimination! ? The Quest Xpointer doesn't have a turn off switch for disc. 

The Quest has about the same depth as the AT pointer, but definitely has a few problems. It's a great backup and help for me but I'm sticking with the Carrot or the MI-6 as my initial "finder". The Xpointer is very loud.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/12/2022 at 7:20 AM, F350Platinum said:

The Quest Xpointer doesn't have a turn off switch for disc. 

the X Pointer Max does give you the ability to turn off the discrimination, if you want to it can be ran with the discrimination on or off, personally I like having the Disc on

• 3 weeks later...

Mine arrived yesterday.  Wow, what great pinpointer (so far from my kitchen table test).  Volume is adustable, disc has low tone for ferrous and red blinking LEDs, high tone and green LEDs for non-ferrous.  You can turn the white Illumination LED off if you wish.  Magic holster works great.  Waterproof to 5 meters.  Four sensitivity levels:  1, 2, 3, and boost. 

D51D59A6-687B-4600-B72E-C8A45096CD1A.jpeg

• Like 4

Just got mine yesterday too! Noticed right away it didn't go nuts when turned on in boost, even after waiting a bit. ? 

Great for verifying iron on relic and beach hunts. Can't wait to get out with it as an MI-6 backup. ? Dunno what I'll do with the old one. ?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Mine arrived yesterday.  Wow, what great pinpointer (so far from my kitchen table test).  Volume is adustable, disc has low tone for ferrous and red blinking LEDs, high tone and green LEDs for non-ferrous.  You can turn the white Illumination LED off if you wish.  Magic holster works great.  Waterproof to 5 meters.  Four sensitivity levels:  1, 2, 3, and boost. 

D51D59A6-687B-4600-B72E-C8A45096CD1A.jpeg

I am loving mine for sure

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Just got mine yesterday too! Noticed right away it didn't go nuts when turned on in boost, even after waiting a bit. ? 

Great for verifying iron on relic and beach hunts. Can't wait to get out with it as an MI-6 backup. ? Dunno what I'll do with the old one. ?

Keep it for a backup LOL glad you picked one up

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I am loving mine for sure

Keep it for a backup LOL glad you picked one up

I have the original ? used it a lot, but the falsing in the higher sensitivities was annoying. It was great to "Finish" a dig, one time it alerted me to the silver ring in a hole filled with iron nails.

The MI-6 blows it away for depth however. I have the F-Pulse, two carrots and two MI-6 pointers, the Quest doesn't compare to the MI-6, or at least it didn't. It's 3d to the F-Pulse. None of my other pointers find stuff faster or deeper.

I'm going to give the Xpointer a go at a local beach soon, and then run it beside the MI-6 at Emerald Isle. We will see. ?

It's a great pinpointer, maybe the improved version will come up. ?

• Like 3