Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Detecting In Really Cold Weather

Did end up detecting a bit of Shiny out of thawed ground under rock. 

• Like 1

I have Raynaud's Syndrome too. If I'm out playing in the snow I need hand warmers in my gloves and boots too. For me in northern Michigan, I'm all snowed and and lakes are frozen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

350 looks like were brother's from another mother. I to have the Raynaud's not so bad though. Usually my index and middle finger on my left hand and oddly my knee caps. I hate loosing feeling in my middle finger Ha Ha. Usually starts right around November/December but sometimes earlier. Mine started when I turned 43. Heated anything really doesn't help me, seems like I just have to relax for it to go away.

I believe it, Dogodog.

For me it's all fingers and toes. My wife just has it in her nose. ? I've had it all my life, I remember almost going crazy on a camping trip because I couldn't keep my feet warm when I was young.

Only got a sure diagnosis a few years ago. The pain when they freeze and then warm up is unbelievable. Used to get it all the time winterizing my boat.

I find that a calcium channel blocker I take now and again will help a little. I could get a stronger one but most heart/vascular stuff makes me feel like crap.

Check those Milwaukee Nitrile gloves out! I also get the "cut level 1" thin ones for the summer, they last longer digging and rubbing off finds than the Craftsman gloves ?

• Like 3

Mine started when I was 16. My fingers and toes will turn white. Doesn't hurt though warming up.

• Like 1

Joe, what is the dry suit that you use?

In the summer I use a short sleeve wet suit top and separate pants. Dry suits are expensive. I might get neoprene waders so I can go out more in the spring and fall.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:58 PM, Rick N. MI said:

Joe, what is the dry suit that you use?

In the summer I use a short sleeve wet suit top and separate pants. Dry suits are expensive. I might get neoprene waders so I can go out more in the spring and fall.

I use a Bare Nex Gen Rear zipper with Si Tech drygloves, honestly It took me several years and tries to get to where I am now. I've got fairly skilled at repairing also and that has made a big difference, I can do just about all, replace boot's, zippers and seals.  If you need information I can send it to your email. I think the neoprene waders are a good idea, just be careful. Your going to need some  good wool gloves and clammer gloves. Also I might recommend a good neoprene hood.

InkedOBN-0000 (6)_LI.jpg

20.jpg

• Like 9

I got a cure for all your all's winter woes, and expensive equipment! A winter home down my way, or a permanent move! 75 today! ????

• Like 6