Recent Government Shutdowns Threatening The Industrial Sector In Turkey

On 2/4/2022 at 6:36 PM, Kickindirt said:

Plenty of news sources saying the same thing. Might as well  blame covid like everyone else Haha. Gotta love YouTube and the people that make clickbait 

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-gas-flow-turkey-cut-by-technical-failure-officials-2022-01-20/

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/energy/turkish-industry-warns-of-production-hit-as-iran-shuts-gas-flow

934777006_cartoondetectors.jpg.16d4aba6f6c88d77eb5896f76ac838da.jpg

There is no doubt that Turkey, just like the rest of the world is experiencing supply chain issues and inflation issues. As far as the Turkish government shutdowns, I have yet to hear anything about that. What I am hearing and reading are natural gas shortages due to problems with pipeline malfunctions and the resulting electricity issues which are not helping the Turkish monetary situation and which are impacting big multi-national companies. Whether Turkish companies are being heavily impacted by these shortages......I don't know. I have read that the amount of natural gas and electricity availability being cut by 40% then 20% was targeted at Turkey's multi national industrial zones.....so their would not be a loss of power or heat for hospitals, schools, private citizens/residential areas. As of this morning, 2/8/22, full flow of natural gas has been restored and repairs to the Iranian natural gas lines into Turkey have been completed.

Whether any of this is impacting the release of the Nokta Makro Legend......it is still February and Dilek said she hoped some time in February that the improvements to the Legend would be complete. Shipping them is another story.

Like many that use this forum currently, the ground is basically frozen and covered with snow where I am, and aside from some fast moving streams, all of the lakes are very frozen. I really don't have anywhere to use the Legend if I had one.

• Like 3

Hi Seabee Ron, great to see you over on this forum. We are definitely having drama issues here too but there is still plenty of good information and good behavior happening on this site.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Turhan said:

im from turkey and the status in here is very bad 

the prices are going high every single day i guess if it goes like this the country will be over soon.. 

Welcome to Detector Prospector!!!!

I am very sorry to hear about the monetary inflation in your country. We have similar issues here in the USA too. My grocery shopping bill has almost doubled since Covid 19 began as has my heating bill and gasoline for my car bill. My income for paying these doubled prices has not doubled unfortunately.

I am amazed that Nokta Makro could price the Legend at such a good price here in the USA. Some other international detector companies have already raised their prices on previously existing models here I am guessing, to cover their unexpected supply chain costs.

I really hope Nokta Makro is doing okay and that the value of the Turkish Lira will stabilize soon........

• Oh my! 1

• The topic was locked