To Me, This Is A Problem...

Jayhop

15 hours ago, Jayhop said:

The Deep High Conductor program on the Deus II does very well on the dime and quarter as it should and does ok on the nickel but not great. This is using a 5 tone program. Using pitch they all sound better but the nickel is still a little broken.

It has been 20 years since I put a detector on soil. Are nickel's worth the same coming out of the ground 20 years ago as now........nothing. 

Just food for thought. 

50 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

The deal is that for $1600 I expect the Deus II to perform at least as well as the equinox. I know it was never claimed that it would but you would think so. 

Overall I think it will be proven to be a better machine, especially as far as build quality and reliability.

Deus 2 is amazing in thick iron.  That’s also a big strength over Equinox.  The pics of D2 brass and lead finds I posted earlier are coming out of “machine gun audio” iron patches that the Nox even with the 10x5 coil struggles with a bit.  Amazing considering I’m running those patches with an 11” coil on the D2.

54 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

Some people may wonder what the big deal is.....

The deal is that for $1600 I expect the Deus II to perform at least as well as the equinox. I know it was never claimed that it would but you would think so. 

Overall I think it will be proven to be a better machine, especially as far as build quality and reliability. 

But for me as of now the tones aren't as good as the equinox (On deeper coins). Especially if your second tone break is using low Hz. 

I figured that out about 2 weeks ago. That's why I'm keeping the Equinox. The Deus 2 rules in thick iron and is very impressive on salt water beaches. IMO the Equinox is hard to beat when it comes to deep coin hunting. So if you have the Equinox 800 and the Deus 2, your basis are pretty much covered.

1 hour ago, midalake said:

It has been 20 years since I put a detector on soil. Are nickel's worth the same coming out of the ground 20 years ago as now........nothing. 

Just food for thought. 

I understand what you mean but I relic hunt and yes I would like to find the older nickels and low conductors such as some buttons. 

37 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Deus 2 is amazing in thick iron.  That’s also a big strength over Equinox.  The pics of D2 brass and lead finds I posted earlier are coming out of “machine gun audio” iron patches that the Nox even with the 10x5 coil struggles with a bit.  Amazing considering I’m running those patches with an 11” coil on the D2.

I agree, overall is a better machine. I just hope some update improves the situation I have described. 

36 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

I agree, overall is a better machine. I just hope some update improves the situation I have described. 

BTW - I’m keeping my Equinox too.  I love it with that 10x5 coil and probably do prefer it as a straight up coin shooting machine vs. the D2 FWIW.  I don’t yet have enough run time to know whether the D2 will ever be the Equinox’s equal at coin shooting.  But until XP signals that they will provide a 10x5 coil for the D2, I will likely hang onto my Equinox regardless.

2 hours ago, Jayhop said:

I understand what you mean but I relic hunt and yes I would like to find the older nickels and low conductors such as some buttons. 

Dont mix nickels and low conductors , these are 2 different things .. My 1 franc 9g nickel displays a 70 VDI while the smaller coins displays around 50 . Then it is not a matter of conductivity . 

If you look for buttons you should do tests with buttons . Have you done such tests ?

Anyway missing modern nickels coins is not a big deal for me , I prefer older stuff like the coin below 🙂 👍 that I just found 2 hours ago with the D2 / SENSITIVE mode ( I will give more details in my "Testing the Deus2 11" thread later  ) .... 

A few pics :

A very nice 5 CENTIMES 1862 copper coin found 2 hours ago in a wood :

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00432.JPG

DSC00433.JPG

32 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Dont mix nickels and low conductors , these are 2 different things .. My 1 franc 9g nickel displays a 70 VDI while the smaller coins displays around 50 . Then it is not a matter of conductivity . 

If you look for buttons you should do tests with buttons . Have you done such tests ?

Anyway missing modern nickels coins is not a big deal for me , I prefer older stuff like the coin below 🙂 👍 that I just found 2 hours ago with the D2 / SENSITIVE mode ( I will give more details in my "Testing the Deus2 11" thread later  ) .... 

A few pics :

A very nice 5 CENTIMES 1862 copper coin found 2 hours ago in a wood :

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00432.JPG

DSC00433.JPG

I'm definitely not interested in modern nickels. But modern nickels,older nickels, some gold rings and some buttons all produce the same ID, around 59 to 62.

5 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

I'm definitely not interested in modern nickels. But modern nickels,older nickels, some gold rings and some buttons all produce the same ID, around 59 to 62.

Maybe the second go-around in some of your sites should be done in Beach Sensitive???? 

36 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

Gold rings and buttons will produce a good and clean signal I think but you have to test . Copper bronze silver alu etc  produces a good signal at depth from what I have seen during my D2 tests . Nickels seem to be an exception for some reason ...