Website Back In Time ×

Just Got Deus 2 And Found This Buckle

11 minutes ago, Naildiggerpro said:

Thanks lodge! Anyone know what that buckle is ?

It's this one:

https://www.virginiarelics.com/brands/virginia-relics/product/federal-sword-belt-plate-4/

It's a Federal sword belt plate, quite possibly civil war era. It's missing the wreath below the eagle. Nice find. ?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

It's this one:

https://www.virginiarelics.com/brands/virginia-relics/product/federal-sword-belt-plate-4/

It's a Federal sword belt plate, quite possibly civil war era. It's missing the wreath below the eagle. Nice find. ?

Awesome thank you!

Very nice condition too!

That's a great find, what do you think made the Deus 2 find that when your other detector didn't, it's a giant piece of metal for any detector to miss.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

go back and find that wreath.... do it !! do it now.. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

That's a great find, what do you think made the Deus 2 find that when your other detector didn't, it's a giant piece of metal for any detector to miss.

The only way I would think one would miss that chunk of brass is if they employ the 1-foot "lift" on a strong signal. If it hits hard like aluminum cans... ?

• Like 1

It was a few feet from the cellar hole and it was surrounded by tons of iron there was at least 4 or 5 square nails above it it was about 7 inches deep ,I guess that’s why other detector didn’t get it. I was using sensitive full tones 

• Like 5