Observations Of Nokta And Makro Detectors

I thought the theory was that white is less prone to getting hot in extreme sunlight. There is an expansion/contraction coefficient to deal with that can affect coil performance and white coils are less prone to that issue?

That is the theory I have heard but I still like black anyway. My F75 black I thought was one sharp looking detector and it is a relief that the Racer 2 that replaced it is black also!

Yep, heard that about the white/black coil thing. Just never bought into it. I thought it'd be so miniscule even over extended periods of use.

Then again, Rohan popped the air-release button on the new range of Evo's so there's gotta be something in it.

No glare under sunlight/torch with the darker shade coils...and they clean down better when you detail the unit.

Although most guys wouldn't knock the dust off in the lifetime of the coil/detector.

Yeah but that's square yardage of metal under the sun, not a pound of plastic and gell.

Then again, you probably would have had four hot sheila's in the car with you John...

Was thinking.

Maybe someone who khows what they are doing, could put together a diagram or chart of sorts showing the differences of all these machines. I don't mean a features comparison, I'm thinking task suitability.

I have in my head a suitable diagram which would show the effect of how suitable/strong each detector would be operating in different enviroments, or detecting tasks, e.g. fine gold/nuggets/coin & relic/dry beach /wet beach etc.

I have no clue how to produce it on a computer, but i could draw it out on paper, scan it on to here, then it could be be printed out modified/updated/rehashed more accurately by whoever, (steve?) and rescanned back in. OR, someone with a computer brain bigger than mine could make up a proper digital chart!

It could be for any/all detectors not just MAKRO/NOKTA

Any takers???

thanks jim

When I worked at Minelab one of my jobs was to put the star ratings next to the detectors for different tasks. I really hated it because there is always so many variables! Like if a category is: Jewellery Detecting. I always had a million questions:

Dry sand, wet sand, fine jewellery, large jewellery etc etc

Pretty sure it was used on the back of the Product Catalog - not sure if that ever lived on the website somewhere?? Pretty sure I've seen similar charts from other manufactures too