Mi 6 Is Not Very Powerful

martygene

2 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

These kinds of bugs popping up from one update to the next is getting under my skin and the reason I haven’t updated my Deus 2 since I got it. Some issues are minor annoyances and some are major pains in the ass. Either way I want no part of it. Hopefully a nice clean update will be forthcoming as I do like some of the new features. Get it together XP. You’re a top tier manufacturer now.

I waited a long time before doing any updates due to the myriad problems but finally did V .71 on the 9” machine I just got and having satisfied myself it’s good, I’ll do the 11” machine this week. I haven’t noticed any performance problems with my Mi6 when paired and it definitely connects better since the update ( like XP states in listing the features in the latest update).I’ll sell one unit when I can get a coil separately but as long as I have it I’ll be doing updates first on one detector. 

Yeah, I’m having the exact same problem w my MI6. Right out of the box I tested it on a dime & was impressed w it’s performance. However, after I charged & paired it, got out in the field I was disappointed to find I was only getting 1” depth. I attributed that to (new) user error??? 🥴 Glad I still had the Carrot in the car. I need to go over the instructions again…..

Aaron

I have found a little more about this... when paired, by default it is set at a 7 sensitivity, in the menu on the RC you can increase it to 50, I went to 25 and it is about right, dont forget to save it, you have 4-5 programs you can save for the pinpointer. I have a call in to customer support on the low volume but with sensitivty increased it works as I would expect just a little too quiet.

1 hour ago, eklarsen said:

when paired, by default it is set at a 7 sensitivity, in the menu on the RC you can increase it to 50,

I found that and now crank it all the way to 50. Sometimes it is a bit sensitive when I first turn it on, but I have found every target I have looked for with it, no matter if off center or deep. I'm impressed. I'm running V0.71.