Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

The Gpx6000 Adventure Begins!

19 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I don't know if my poor knees could handle all that up-and-down up-and-down!! ?

Au reckoned you`d fly with the 6K, tis a magic machine

Aye JP, my mind is thinking of that proposed NF 8x6, but my knees are saying no way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Only spent about 3 hours this afternoon for 4 bits, all with the 14DD....total was only .5gm. Doing testing under powerlines plus cross-testing my 11" mono with a mates 11" mono coz he thought his was noisy. Turns out it was....now on its way back to ML for a replacement. But...the test spot under the powerlines was a big surprise! Only 20 minutes and I got 5 signals, 2 were gold so I'm heading back there if the rain doesn't interfere tomorrow. 36.7gm to go.....

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Only spent about 3 hours this afternoon for 4 bits, all with the 14DD....total was only .5gm. Doing testing under powerlines plus cross-testing my 11" mono with a mates 11" mono coz he thought his was noisy. Turns out it was....now on its way back to ML for a replacement.

That 14" DD might turn out to be a secret weapon for power lines spots.  It's a sensitive sucker.  I certainly won't be scared to use it thinking my performance will suffer much.

So far you've dodged a bullet getting a reliable working GPX, as you can see by your friends one it's a real gamble.  I think Minelab need to change their slogan from Performance is Everything to Performance maybe Everything, but Quality should matter too ?

You're going to have to work twice as hard tomorrow you've shot under par with half a gram today! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

That 14" DD might turn out to be a secret weapon for power lines spots.

I think a 6" X 10" DD would be an absolute cracker.   Hot ground, light weight, power lines, tight spaces - would be a beauty.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

So far you've dodged a bullet getting a reliable working GPX, as you can see by your friends one it's a real gamble.

I agree, its a damn calm, smooth machine and everything works! 

"You're going to have to work twice as hard tomorrow you've shot under par with half a gram today!"

I promise I'll get into 'production mode' tomorrow just so I don't disappoint anyone... :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The march continues! Another 8 bits for the kitty...1.3 grams. Im up to 4.6gm now. 35.4gm to go. 31 bits in only 6 afternoons, 24 hours spent detecting. I also found a 1927 silver threepence today which was a nice surprise....

IMG_20220515_190924.jpg

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

11 minutes ago, Aureous said:

I'm up to 4.6gm now. 35.4gm to go. 31 bits in only 6 afternoons, 24 hours spent detecting.

Aureous  Well done.    _________                  You are now at 75% of Australian Minimum hourly wage ($16.10 compared to $20.33) a couple more days at that rate you will be turning Pro. and those slaves to the bosses, have to pay TAX.? 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

You are now at 75% of Australian Minimum hourly wage ($16.10 compared to $20.33) a couple more days at that rate you will be turning Pro. and those slaves to the bosses, have to pay TAX.?

There's been plenty of days with $0.00 wages, unless ya count the lead shot...but @ AU$1.50 per kilo, there's just a few cents in the 181 bits of lead Ive found so far :dry:  Just as well the gold turns up most days....

• Like 2

My wife and I went rockhounding yesterday and she even let me take a detector along! ?

I was able to work right under and between two parallel sets of active high-tension power lines with the DD.  I couldn’t work the mono at all near here.
B90AEE41-DBA5-4540-B6D1-F4A118883F57.thumb.jpeg.0094063c225506b664b6f8458fe29db5.jpeg

Edit: I was mainly using it in Auto 1,  both with the threshold on and off and it worked well. It was pretty much silent with the threshold turned off in Auto 1, just a few false signals, but it was still very sensitive. Found single bits of screen wire and small boot tacks buried several inches deep. No gold yet here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1