Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Update The Legend

NM stated the Iron filter & Stability feature is only available in Multi while in Park, Field & Beach. Not in single kHz or Goldfield.

@kac.... that's what I read anyway. On paper,   I printed it off.  I'm very old school.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JCR said:

NM stated the Iron filter & Stability feature is only available in Multi while in Park, Field & Beach. Not in single kHz or Goldfield.

@kac.... that's what I read anyway. On paper,   I printed it off.  I'm very old school.

Dilek's first paragraph in her update synopsis under Legend Update says clearly that Iron filtering and Stability are available in Multi using Park, Field, Beach and Goldfield. The only exception is the Stability function is different in Beach mode.

If she had said there was no Iron Filter/Stability in Multi Goldfield I would have gone ballistic!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I stand corrected. I was remembering the modes listed under the Audio gain section.

• Thanks 2

Jeff's correction prompted a question to me; if Audio gain is not available in Goldfield, is it available in the other modes when using Pitch audio. Is there a special difference between say Goldfield and Field with Pitch tone other than the kHz used? I'm very glad to have the option of VCO, even in single tone(I was hoping for VCO in 2,4,6 and even 60 tone) What makes Goldfield "special"? I want to build a "Relic mode" similar to the D2.

• Like 1

Yes, the gold modes been a bit neglected and that's the area the Legend is lacking a bit.  Perhaps future updates will give the gold mode a bit more love.

If Nokta are intending to release a Gold Kruzer replacement at some point they'd want to iron out their Multi Frequency gold prospecting technology a bit more to make it viable, no point releasing another single frequency prospecting VLF, their days are numbered.  They can use the Legend to get it right and tweak it up then release the MF Gold Kruzer with a higher KHz and bingo! a detector people will want to buy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JCR said:

Jeff's correction prompted a question to me; if Audio gain is not available in Goldfield, is it available in the other modes when using Pitch audio. Is there a special difference between say Goldfield and Field with Pitch tone other than the kHz used? I'm very glad to have the option of VCO, even in single tone(I was hoping for VCO in 2,4,6 and even 60 tone) What makes Goldfield "special"? I want to build a "Relic mode" similar to the D2.

At the moment (1.07) the Legend's Gold Field mode has only one audio option......single tone (no iron tone) highly modulated VCO audio that works very well. Whether it needs audio boost......I don't know.

Right now and especially after the 1.08 update, I would mainly use 2 tone (after the update Pitch Tones) in Field mode for relic hunting with wide open, no discrimination Gold Field as a cross reference. But that is just me. In my dirt conditions I am not seeing a big difference depth wise on coin sized objects using Field or Gold Field with similar settings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NM certainly have given us a lot to experiment with. The versatility & performance The Legend presents, especially given the price point, is almost unbelievable.

• Like 3

That's what I will use it in relic hunts too. 2 tone with Pitch in Field mode. I will like Audio gain maxed too.

This update is going to change everything on the Legend making it so much better. 

Really looking forward to the update and extra coils.