Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

Discrimination is all they're missing now seeing they removed it from the 6000, and the GPZ design seems like they could possibly do discrimination.  I don't really care much for discrimination around here but I can see some would benefit greatly from it.  I actually get quite excited when it's an iron target as it means its possibly an old square nail as other than old rusty matchboxes there isn't all that much junk to find, it's all the damn pellets and no discrimination is getting rid of them. The square nails are very rare finds for me, I've found about 5 in my entire time detecting.  I gave them all to JW who was doing a bit of a display of old prospecting tools hanging above his stone fireplace in his lounge room and needed the old nails to hold them up, it looks really cool.

I guess we will find out in under a week now if it's a new GPZ or just more Manticore hype of a different type.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 10:08 PM, phrunt said:

I just don't need anymore detectors after the Manticore, I'm just happy with my current detectors!

??? Forgive me Simon, if I don't believe this statement! But thanks for a good laugh! Does the quote" When hell freezes over" need to be applied here?? Time will tell!!

Love ya man! Happy Thanksgiving!!???

• Haha 1

Thanks Joe ?

I really don't know, I think I'm done with buying detectors, I'm in my happy place at the moment and it would take something dramatic with performance to change my mind.  Target ID's on a PI comes to mind!

The Manticore may well be my last detector, at least for some time.  

Have yourself a great Thanksgiving, tuck into some turkey for me, it's near impossible to buy that here. 

• Thanks 1

I'd definitely be onboard for a PI like that too!! And l have reached near critical mass on detectors, so.... ? As for the turkey problem, that's unfortunate!?  But you can always grow your own! Just don't get too attached, come "chopping" time!!

Besides, KFC is a universally approved substitute!!???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not in the market for a new gold prospecting detector and will probably sell the gpx6000 I purchased since I haven't even turned it on since purchasing it, but what I noticed in the ad they had the Minelab logo vertically positioned and it looks like a Z. Not to mention all the 2's look like z's.

I really don't care what they release I just want a detector that I can use underwater without worry of it leaking. I bought the deus ii, but really would rather stay with a platform that I already know.

yea, that's the dealer from my old stomping ground when I lived in Australia. He's a good guy.  Notice he says its coming out mid December, so there we have it, this announcement next week is saying the Manticore is going to be available mid December.

351374110_Lostteasures.jpg.47f5536eadec9e6a3dd3a267e6a98d38.jpg