Website Back In Time ×

A Few Coins From The Past Couple Weeks

That is a really nice V Nickel & IHP.  Evidently that old path saw a lot of use long ago. There should be some areas along the way where people would have had a picnic & such. Higher ground or nice level area beside/overlooking the path. There would have been a lot of fishing done around the dam also. Neat place.  I use that same Nomad shovel alot. It is a great all around tool.

• Like 1

Great hunting. The V nickel is in great shape. Your going to check out the woods.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JCR said:

That is a really nice V Nickel & IHP.  Evidently that old path saw a lot of use long ago. There should be some areas along the way where people would have had a picnic & such. Higher ground or nice level area beside/overlooking the path. There would have been a lot of fishing done around the dam also. Neat place.  I use that same Nomad shovel alot. It is a great all around tool.

I’ve only ventured a little off the actual path.  The property line is just to the left of the path as you walk in.  On that property is a fairly big house that was built in 1840 so I’m hoping for some older 19th century coins.  Anyways, I’ve got a lot of area to explore this winter.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great hunting. The V nickel is in great shape. Your going to check out the woods.

Yeah I’ll be checking the woods this winter.  

I checked  my V nickel collection and I think this one makes 8 that I’ve found and this one is by far the nicest.  And it’s only the second one that has a green patina to it. 

4 minutes ago, fogrider said:

Your detector is well set-up for coin hunting, judging by your variety of finds.

That V nickel is beautiful.

I was using program 3 (sensitive full tones), varying the reactivity from 1.5-2.5 and sensitivity at 95.  I like sensitive FT for woods hunting because it uses no disc.  

• Like 3

That's one of the nicer V nickels I've seen. ? all mine are worn or corroded almost beyond recognition. ? A silver quarter as well. Nice hunt(s) and great photos.