Garrett Axiom Software Update Gets A Little More Depth And Au For Us

Just in the nick of time we were able to squeeze in one more field comparison.  Why you ask?

Weather up our way is really starting to cool off.  Just had snow the last few days on mountain tops around us.  Not sure how much more we'll be able to get out before we're snowed/frozen for the winter.

Here is what we completed -

My Field Staff Expert "Spencer" and I did some side by side comparisons with our Axioms recently.  His unit had the latest software update that pumped up the SENS/GAIN and my unit was the really smooth one with the older software.  I hate a detector that I have the SENS set to MAX and it runs so smooth I can't get any more out of it.  But I thought that was what Garrett was going to provide us.  Luckily they listened to a few of us (Thanks Steve H) and we were allowed a new Software update.

I'll make it simple here, but Spencer's unit with the newest update needed to turn the SENS down a couple clicks (just what we like).  Here's the funny of it.  He hit that nugget in an area we've pounded with the Axiom previously.  In fact, he called me over and when I swung across it, it was almost a soft whining sound, not even a signal.  His unit with exact same coil size and timing (just down 2 on the SENS) was hitting it pretty easy.

Sure enough, near a foot down was this beauty.  Just over an ounce troy in total weight.  The quartz crystals are a bonus to go along with the gold.

Garrett is in Australia right now and I expect as soon as they get back, we'll get an update on shipping times.

Again, if you are wanting to get the Axiom, let me know and get on my list.

Gerry's Detectors 208-345-8898

Gerry

Spenc1Ax.jpg

Spen2Ax.jpg

SpencerAx3.jpg

Fantastic! I agree wholeheartedly that detectors that run too smooth on maximum gain are crazy, let those who want higher have higher, even the GPZ taps out too low now there are smoother running coils for it.   All they need to do is explain in the manual that running maximum sensitivity may not be possible to calm down those that want a smooth detector.

Very nice big nugget!

Great job Gerry & Spencer on field testing the Axiom, getting software updated for all of us and a nice gold specimen reward! Can't wait for mine to arrive,

Bill

12 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Fantastic! I agree wholeheartedly that detectors that run too smooth on maximum gain are crazy, let those who want higher have higher, even the GPZ taps out too low now there are smoother running coils for it.   All they need to do is explain in the manual that running maximum sensitivity may not be possible to calm down those that want a smooth detector.

Very nice big nugget!

Explained very well.  Just give us the option. 

12 minutes ago, cobill said:

Great job Gerry & Spencer on field testing the Axiom, getting software updated for all of us and a nice gold specimen reward! Can't wait for mine to arrive,

Bill

It's a fun Pulse Induction Detector.  I'm thinking just before Christmas. 

• The title was changed to Garrett Axiom Software Update Gets A Little More Depth And Au For Us

With this last update my work on Axiom is essentially done now. Detectors will be shipping to dealers soon, and I guess I’ll just sit back and see what happens. New detector release drama I am sure, Johnny on the spot comparison videos by people with two hours use, and all that fun stuff. My goal is to pretty much sit it out and just watch. A year from now the dust will have settled, and where the Axiom fits into the overall scheme will be sorted out. But for now, let the fun and games begin! :smile:

4819BEA1-A5E4-4CF3-9A7E-8B6F1E5377C2.jpeg

well, it would be hard to match the fiasco of the competitors release so I'm sure by comparison all will be good.