Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Manticore In Arizona

39 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I'm next expecting Minelab USA in Chicago to have detectors in my hands until around mid December.  Even then, how many will I get?

About time for me to relax in a warm climate area for a few days and then get ready for the storm.  Besides, sometimes I have to keep the boss happy and she is certainly work keeping.Christmas.thumb.jpg.c396e5af5e271f03c74c0fc7e9c576b7.jpg

Good to know you aren't just heading south to play while customers wait and wait. :biggrin:  Mine will come directly from the distributor so maybe I'll get mine sooner than many.  I'll be sure to let everyone here know when it ships so you know they are at the distributors.  Of course, that assumes I even get one in the first shipment.  :smile:

10 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Of course, that assumes I even get one in the first shipment.  :smile:

That's the potential problem, how many?  When NOX came out, most dealers received 1, some got 2 and I with a couple other received 4.  If the release goes the same way and I have 4 customers waiting, I know they'll be just as happy to wait a few days longer while I test the waters.  Heck, we've been teased and stretched since Aug. right, what's another couple weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I'm going to swing into Chicago and grab one before I head to warm weather beaches.

You must be serious about getting your hands on one ASAP.  Chicago isn't exactly on the beeline to Mexico from your place.  And are you going to use "going to the Boise State (American football) Bowl game" as an excuse for holding up *MY* delivery, too?  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As we know they're in a cost cutting phase at the moment to keep profits as high as possible.  Until the second much larger batch arrives with sea freight the first batch will be coming by plane.  They've secured a great price with a small shipping company to get the first batch of Manticores across to the US by plane, unfortunately freight capacity is very limited on the plane so only 3 detectors will arrive in the US by mid December, the second batch will be much larger coming by sea but unfortunately they can't give an ETA on this batch yet.

Plane.jpg.1139f7d6abd18c772a76a61704019eb8.jpg

We've been waiting for months already, what's another few months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Plane.jpg.1139f7d6abd18c772a76a61704019eb8.jpg

We've been waiting for months already, what's another few months.

They made their November target (or so they say) so, I hope they are shipping enough by air to fill the initial already-paid orders.  If dealers get 1 or 2 and the rest by slow-boat there are going to be some very unhappy customers.  Remember this ad they ran?

313440101_6355898247760647_2296151286714

• Like 3

I hope so too, I want one just as much but I saw what happened with the Equinox, especially for US customers, we had ours a long time before the bulk of the US customers could get their mitts on them and I would say largely due to the shipping times.

• Like 1

Iffy signals on YouTube has a new video with Deus2, Manticore, and Nox900 comparison. Worth a look!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 12:40 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

If all goes well, I will be sharing pictures of Manticore finds from in the salt water.  Hurry up Santa, Gerry's Detectors has places to go.  He also has customers patiently waiting.  It looks as if the wait time could be pre Christmas for a few.  Let's just hope us dealers get a good allotment of units the 1st few rounds.

I look forward to your water review.  Do ya know if those crappy yellow phones were upgraded?  I sure hope so.  For the price we should get an option… or it’s an added cost.   As an old smart screen user and CTX user I really like the add.  You almost never dug a bottle cap you didn’t want to.  Side by side targets not IDed properly it helped there too.   Not quite dive ready.  ML hasn’t introduced a new flagship machine …. These machines are out performing their current one.  I’m waiting because of price to see how it performs in the salt water…. Hopefully not a lot of reduction to have it run smoothly and transition in the surf is good.  Really want to see in the near surf how it does on those difficult gold pieces.