New Legend Coils And Update

52 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

The new update is apparently going to contain a modified version of Park Mode's M3, or a new M4 for Park Mode. The new SMF mode, will be weighted lower than Park's M1, meaning it will ID a lot of nonferrous masked coins, even better than M1.

where did you get that info from none of that was stated in that video and if you are listening to people on different forums that are saying that, it is all speculation at this point, I would just wait and see what is delivered then and only then will it not be speculation LOL

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

DSMITH,

I, and a few others have already tested it. I have it on my Legend right now.

That is good to know not speculation now LOL, so any other hints that you probably are not supposed to divulge to us LOL

The coils look awesome! The sp30 is lighter than the stock coil! That's impressive and I really like an elliptical shaped coil. I thought the 9x12 on the vanquish was a bit deeper than the stock coil on my equinox. Hopefully similar results on the sp30 vrs. the stock coil. The sp24 will probably be used most. Especially in yards and trashy areas. Can't wait to try it in heavy iron which the stock coil is really quite amazing in any way. Even on lower recovery speeds using the factory default iron filter setting. You just can't buy a machine that does all the Legend does for the money. 
 Beta tester... me🤔... hmmm, I'll definitely load it up on one of my Legends to try out. If there are tweaks I'll just update it again and wait till they get it finished then update my other one to the finished version. Owning the Legend is really quite exciting. Getting to test a beta version! It'll be very interesting to hear the feedback from everyone. Fun times in a fun hobby! 😁

I'll be getting one or both of them. I would like to know the weight of them. I wish the manufactures would post the weight of there coils are like Nel's coils do.

1 hour ago, Rick N. MI said:

I'll be getting one or both of them. I would like to know the weight of them. I wish the manufactures would post the weight of there coils are like Nel's coils do.

Rick, I think I'll be getting both and probably not using the stock and six inch as much. When I was playing with the vanquish I really liked that twelve inch stock coil on it. The five by eight that came with it was good but I think the nine and a half by six I'll like a little better. The five by ten was on my equinox most of the time. 

Coils evolve & get improved just like detectors. I'm expecting enhanced performance from both new coils due to Nokta's  learning curve since The Legend's introduction. The new M4 should be very useful too.

16 hours ago, Digalicious said:

M1 includes 15 khz. The new SMF will be 4 khz and 10 khz, but weighted toward 4 khz. It's getting the frequency below around 10 khz that allows the much better coin ID's on many coins that are masked by nonferrous trash.

To elaborate on the above:

It was found that when using frequencies of around 10 khz or above, many coins that are masked by nonferrous trash, will be dragged down the point of giving an ID below nickels. This was shown to be true on the Legend's Park M1 and the Nox's Park 1 (those are the lowest weighted SMF land modes on each detector). It seems to be all about the SMF frequency weighting, so I fully suspect it would be true for all detectors.

The Legend's Beach Mode MW is the combined 4 khz and 10 khz, but weighted toward 4 khz. It was found that MW was giving a very high conductor ID on coins masked by nonferrous trash, but M1 was giving a below nickel ID on a lot of those same masked coins. 

How better will the new SMF mode be compared to M1 when unmasking in nonferrous trash? In my field tests at 4 city parks filled with foil and pull tabs, about 30% to 40% better. More specifically, around 30% to 40% of nonferrous coins that gave a high ID in MW, gave an ID below nickel in Park M1, and would have been missed. 

There is always a give and take when it comes to detectors though. If a detector is made to do one thing exceptionally well, then it typically suffers in another area. This will be true of the new SMF mode as well. The benefit of the new SMF will be phenomenal coin unmasking, but due to such a low weighted SMF, some bottle caps will give a much higher than normal ID.

Also, the last I heard from Dilek, was that the new SMF mode will not be M4, but rather a modified M3. Although Nokta may have changed their mind on that.

BTW- I'm practically drooling for that LG24 9.5x6 coil 😁

6 hours ago, Digalicious said:

To elaborate on the above:

It was found that when using frequencies of around 10 khz or above, many coins that are masked by nonferrous trash, will be dragged down the point of giving an ID below nickels. This was shown to be true on the Legend's Park M1 and the Nox's Park 1 (those are the lowest weighted SMF land modes on each detector). It seems to be all about the SMF frequency weighting, so I fully suspect it would be true for all detectors.

The Legend's Beach Mode MW is the combined 4 khz and 10 khz, but weighted toward 4 khz. It was found that MW was giving a very high conductor ID on coins masked by nonferrous trash, but M1 was giving a below nickel ID on a lot of those same masked coins. 

How better will the new SMF mode be compared to M1 when unmasking in nonferrous trash? In my field tests at 4 city parks filled with foil and pull tabs, about 30% to 40% better. More specifically, around 30% to 40% of nonferrous coins that gave a high ID in MW, gave an ID below nickel in Park M1, and would have been missed. 

There is always a give and take when it comes to detectors though. If a detector is made to do one thing exceptionally well, then it typically suffers in another area. This will be true of the new SMF mode as well. The benefit of the new SMF will be phenomenal coin unmasking, but due to such a low weighted SMF, some bottle caps will give a much higher than normal ID.

Also, the last I heard from Dilek, was that the new SMF mode will not be M4, but rather a modified M3. Although Nokta may have changed their mind on that.

BTW- I'm practically drooling for that LG24 9.5x6 coil 😁

Question for you Digalicious

since you have been testing the new update can you tell me if Nokta addressed the ground balance issues on highly mineralized ground in the new update, also did they address the issues with the threshold while using wireless headphones

just curious there are some that say the Ground balance is fine, I do not agree with those that say those two things are fine,and I base my statement on my own personal observations of what both my Legends are doing, the GB as well as the threshold is not correct on the Legend, the threshold issue is only while using headphones with out headphones it seems fine