900 Vs Manticore -help?

TroyLPN

1 minute ago, canslawhero said:

but TomD stated the Wantacore was a 2 generational leap! lol. I seemed to have missed that you actually had input into the Manticore. and yes 'Retirement' is and has been grand for myself also.

How many times did Steve H. say that the Manticore was basically an Equinox 1500 on this site during the initial roll-out????

Steve H. is not one to go out on a limb about stuff like that.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good answer, but you failed the quiz.  😁  (Hint:  TroyLPN got full credit.)

Oh damn must try harder 😷

One question that always eats at me is why Minelab does not just put out their own videos about their detectors? Why don't they have a slew of videos and tutorials on YouTube showing every feature and function. Why depend on others to promote your product? I guess it's cheaper that way maybe, but it sure leads to a lot of confusion about the product.

I know it's not in Minelab's best interest to show any weakness in their products, and they probably wouldn't show them. They could still show features and explain features in a professional manner that would beat seeing this non-professional stuff we as customers are stuck with watching to get a overview of the detector. I know a detector is not going to behave the same everywhere, but you got start somewhere. I don't own an XP detector, but think Mr. Blackwell's videos are pretty good. I'd sure like to see something like that vs. what we are stuck with.

1 minute ago, longbow62 said:

One question that always eats at me is why Minelab does not just put out their own videos about their detectors? Why don't they have a slew of videos and tutorials on YouTube showing every feature and function.

Minelab has a Youtube channel.  I read somewhere that they pretty much abandoned it under current management. 

I've noticed they have a Facebook page, too.  They were posting about every 2 or 3 days but for some reason they haven't posted since December 1st when the announced the new Equinoxes.

They've gone backwards really, they used to have Treasuretalk articles by people that knew what they were talking about that helped introduce new detectors and explain features. 

I still refer to them from time to time when I am seeking information.  Marketing is more important than providing real information though.

PSPR I'm talking professional videos with one guy going over features and functions that knows the detector inside and out.. Not Detectival crap with an audience crowded around asking questions. Phrunt agreed. They are going backwards.

6 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

One question that always eats at me is why Minelab does not just put out their own videos about their detectors? Why don't they have a slew of videos and tutorials on YouTube showing every feature and function. Why depend on others to promote your product? I guess it's cheaper that way maybe, but it sure leads to a lot of confusion about the product.

I know it's not in Minelab's best interest to show any weakness in their products, and they probably wouldn't show them. They could still show features and explain features in a professional manner that would beat seeing this non-professional stuff we as customers are stuck with watching to get a overview of the detector. I know a detector is not going to behave the same everywhere, but you got start somewhere. I don't own an XP detector, but think Mr. Blackwell's videos are pretty good. I'd sure like to see something like that vs. what we are stuck with.

I think we have already got that with SH. We just need to listen a little better.

1 minute ago, longbow62 said:

PSPR I'm talking professional videos with one guy going over features and functions that knows the detector inside and out.. Not Detectival crap with an audience crowded around asking questions. Phrunt agreed. They are going backwards.

I thought helpful inhouse videos was what they had posted there.  I never looked at it since I read they had abandoned it so I don't know what sort of content they posted there.  I didn't know they were scraping content.

48 minutes ago, canslawhero said:

he could have parked all the deposits at a crypto bank, say Celsius Network or FTX, lol

FTX 😔 i lost 60k …

but I'm still about to buy manticore, but I also have a hesitation with 900

I have a 800

I almost only hunt by ear and on the beach

obviously I don't see how 2d will help me for my hunts

however, audio is very important, is the manticore better than 900 in audio?

And same question for EMI, manticore is superior? 900 is identical to 800 or is it improved?