900 Vs Manticore -help?

TroyLPN

56 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

It could be an issue, but he was running all terrain general. To me the Nox 800 had a falsing problem in Park1. Maybe not a problem but was way more prone to false than Park2. Heavy iron you run Park2 which my guess and only a guess is kinda like all terrain low conductors. I suggested he try it.

In the field test (2nd video) he was running All Terrain Low Conductors that NASA-Tom told him to try to mitigate the iron falsing. 

But he didn't try the 5 or 6 recovery speed, nor the manual ground balance nor the beach low conductors that were also suggested to try by NASA-Tom.  Maybe CD just didn't have the time since he said he needed to leave to go to work.

So, CD gets an incomplete on his analysis of the solution to the problem.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thred is a S@#t show. I've watched all his videos...CD clearly does not know north from south...he doesn't even circle the targets. It's like nail falsing is a new discovery for him.  PSPR enough drama please...

strick

I have not run that many different detectors in heavy iron. I thought falsing was a given. Any time you run with the horseshoe on with the Equinox it's pretty easy to tell when you turn on a suspect target. negative numbers, iron grunts, real jumpy I.D.. It's only an issue if there are no clues. If there are no clues it's an issue. I just kinds doubt that though.

1 minute ago, longbow62 said:

I have not run that many different detectors in heavy iron. I thought falsing was a given. Any time you run with the horseshoe on with the Equinox it's pretty easy to tell when you turn on a suspect target. negative numbers, iron grunts, real jumpy I.D.. 

Exactly and as to the other guys who prepaid on their orders.... I would not work with a dealer that requires that. 

strick

Strick, this isn't drama.  :laugh:  CD should try some of the other things NASA-tom suggested to see how much they mitigate the problem.  CD is going over the top a bit, but the Manticore manual shows some of these exact traces to unmask hidden good targets.  Believe what you want, though.

BTW, several have stated the Manticore is $600 more than the Nox 900.  By my math, the difference is only $500.  Not that it matters.

If I were hunting where there is a carpet of nails I would slow down, try digging a couple of those jumpy signals and then look for better signals and find good stuff. 

Or try some more techniques as NASA Tom or many others suggested. 😁

4 hours ago, TroyLPN said:

I ran into one of my buddies at the beach today and he basically said the same thing about the target trace etc. He doesn't think there's gonna be all that much difference between an 800 and a 900 and I'll be kicking myself when he's digging all the gold with his shiny new Manticore

If you're a BEACH hunter, then this is an EASY CHOICE. One extra piece of gold alone could make up the $600 dollar difference. This is a no brainer! Wait for that Manticore! 

Youtubers like that are chasing views, headline drama like this gets views.

7 hours ago, strick said:

This thred is a S@#t show. I've watched all his videos...CD clearly does not know north from south...he doesn't even circle the targets. It's like nail falsing is a new discovery for him.  PSPR enough drama please...

strick

His part 2 video recently posted has a long reply from "Relic Dirtyhands" explaining what he is doing wrong in her opinion, looks like he has chosen not to reply to her comment, which he should do as its good info.

7 hours ago, PSPR said:

BTW, several have stated the Manticore is $600 more than the Nox 900.  By my math, the difference is only $500.  Not that it matters.

You get two coils with the 900 subtract the retail cost of that coil ($175) or what you can actually get if you resold the coil (~$100 to $125) and you get a more apples to apples comprison of the detector cost delta which is more like $600+.