900 Vs Manticore -help?

TroyLPN

16 minutes ago, Chesroy said:

He's not the only expert.

I'm going to make a quiz question here (and no offense to Chesroy):  what is wrong with this statement??  🤔  (Hint: You only need one guess.)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GB_Amateur said:

I'm going to make a quiz question here (and no offense to Chesroy):  what is wrong with this statement??  🤔  (Hint: You only need one guess.)

I wasn't implying I am an expert lol. I was saying that he is not the only expert

31 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

My granny always said if you need to call yourself an expurt, you probably ain't.

2 hours ago, jasong said:

So...What other detectors are you working on now that you are definitely, absolutely, 100%, done with detector testing and just enjoying retirement? 😁

I’m a master of misdirection and deception. The problem is it’s me I’m deceiving when I say I’m going to hang things up! :laugh: I am thoroughly enjoying retirement though, but there are one or two things I’m interested in still so……. :wink:

2 hours ago, PSPR said:

Oh No!!!!  CD got a new 900 and one of the buttons doesn't work right!  It only responds to a very hard press.  He's also getting some heat from his subscribers on his iron falsing problem and he's not in a good mood about it.  What are we going to do with him?

Yea it's his way or the highway. At first I thought there might be an issue in iron but after watching a few of his videos in the iron patch I don't think there's anything wrong with the Manticore. He doesn't interrogate the target enough or recognize what the Manticore is telling him. Many people have made comments about things he should try and he simply refuses to try most of them. Having used Minelabs since the Sovereign days, I'm well aware of the nail problem they have and after enough hours on a machine you start to get the clues that a target is iron. The Manticore is going to have a learning curve just like every other metal detector, you can't be an expert over night on it. The Equinox literally took me 200 or so hours of using it for me to finally feel totally comfortable with it in iron. Hopefully it doesn't take that long on the Manticore.

2 hours ago, PSPR said:

Oh No!!!!  CD got a new 900 and one of the buttons doesn't work right!  It only responds to a very hard press.  He's also getting some heat from his subscribers on his iron falsing problem and he's not in a good mood about it.  What are we going to do with him?

Well, I tried to give CD a home and some cover here, but it could not last. He and TN took exception with me at about the same time, so they will not be appearing here. I’ve been scrubbing the forum of their posts ever since, but still some cleanup to do on aisle three. So “we” are not going to do anything, since it’s long since done here.

4 hours ago, TroyLPN said:

After emails and calls being ignored (during normal business hours, I might add) I finally contacted Minelab USA.  Sorry for all the drama, ya'll, but I can't afford to lose that much money and I was getting seriously concerned about that happening.  They must have contacted him because I did finally get a nasty message saying my order is now cancelled and oh, by the way, there will be a $40 cancellation fee next time (no mention of that on his website).  Next time?  Dude!  Not if you were the last MineLab dealer on the planet!  I'll get myself a sand sifter and a shovel if you're my only option.

Now I get to stress over it for 3-4 days waiting for the refund to show up at my bank. 🙄  Not to mention the fact that he got an interest free loan from me and I could have been on someone else's list weeks ago.

he could have parked all the deposits at a crypto bank, say Celsius Network or FTX, lol

1 hour ago, Chesroy said:

I wasn't implying I am an expert lol. I was saying that he is not the only expert

Good answer, but you failed the quiz.  😁  (Hint:  TroyLPN got full credit.)

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Equinox was the leap, this is a step. But hey, I worked on both, what would I know? I’ll leave it at that.

but TomD stated the Wantacore was a 2 generational leap! lol. I seemed to have missed that you actually had input into the Manticore. and yes 'Retirement' is and has been grand for myself also.

31 minutes ago, abenson said:

Yea it's his way or the highway. At first I thought there might be an issue in iron but after watching a few of his videos in the iron patch I don't think there's anything wrong with the Manticore. He doesn't interrogate the target enough or recognize what the Manticore is telling him. Many people have made comments about things he should try and he simply refuses to try most of them. Having used Minelabs since the Sovereign days, I'm well aware of the nail problem they have and after enough hours on a machine you start to get the clues that a target is iron. The Manticore is going to have a learning curve just like every other metal detector, you can't be an expert over night on it. The Equinox literally took me 200 or so hours of using it for me to finally feel totally comfortable with it in iron. Hopefully it doesn't take that long on the Manticore.

Same for me and that first 150 to 200 hours was with iron audio ON. If I had just hunted with iron audio OFF (using Nox 600/800 default discrimination patterns) I still wouldn't have a clue about what was iron or not.............