Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

11 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

Piss poor isn't it.

As a dealer for 25 yrs, I would have never expected to be in this situation.   It drives me crazy as my customers who've been loyal for so long...I have no answers for them?  My list is shrinking each day as customers find them from other sources.  I'm ok with that...as a detectorist, I understand the desire to use the next best tool (detector).  I have noticed an uptick in my Deus-II sales as well.

As for the military discount a select few dealers offer.  Those sales, are a partial loss of profit for both the dealer and the manufacture.  The manufacture only gives a partial credit (towards more detector purchases).  In the end, the dealer and manufacture both make a little less money.

We all make mistakes and hopefully lessons will be learned and down the road, things will get better.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

As a dealer for 25 yrs, I would have never expected to be in this situation.   It drives me crazy as my customers who've been loyal for so long...I have no answers for them?  My list is shrinking each day as customers find them from other sources.  I'm ok with that...as a detectorist, I understand the desire to use the next best tool (detector).  I have noticed an uptick in my Deus-II sales as well.

As for the military discount a select few dealers offer.  Those sales, are a partial loss of profit for both the dealer and the manufacture.  The manufacture only gives a partial credit (towards more detector purchases).  In the end, the dealer and manufacture both make a little less money.

We all make mistakes and hopefully lessons will be learned and down the road, things will get better.

Very judicious responce Gerry to my usual less than diplomatic opinion.

Get in quick

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fishersari said:

That's not fair for dealers that has taken the pre order list.. 

If Minelab and the distributors would have sent this many to each dealer mostly all the pre-orders would have been filled. Cabela's should get some detectors but for Minelab to give the almost 90% of distribution seems pretty unfair. I know most dealers are getting less then 10..sometimes even less then 5.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1