Manticore Puzzle

Hunterjunk

Finding the size of the screw will be simple.  If you don't have anything at home to do it, just take the screw to a Lowe's or Home Depot.  They have sizing displays near the hardware, just see which one the screw fits and you know the size.

They may even have a plastic bolt of the correct thread pitch on the shelf.  If not, they'll be easy to find online from a number of different sources.

- Dave

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I have held and used its little brother the Nox 900. I wondered about that short coil screw working loose.

1 hour ago, TerryinHawaii said:

My coil bolt kept coming loose until I really tighten it up. 

In the last 20 years, I do not think there has been one stock coil bolt I have used.
Always opted for something a little bigger and put a double nut on it. Nothing says keep my coil right there like a double nut!!!

7 hours ago, UT Dave said:

They may even have a plastic bolt of the correct thread pitch on the shelf.  If not, they'll be easy to find online from a number of different sources.

Toilet seat bolts are plastic/nylon long and have nuts you can hand tighten. a couple bucks unless you save that kind of stuff.

image.png.69c79786e6d2766ccf715c287c738be7.png

12 hours ago, Dug D said:

Toilet seat bolts are plastic/nylon long and have nuts you can hand tighten. a couple bucks unless you save that kind of stuff.

Yes, but...  I've seen those in two diameters:  3/8" and 7/16".  The 3/8" work OK on (some) White's models.  The Equinox takes a smaller size (the metric standard that is very close to SAE 5/16").  You can bore out the holes *a bit* -- I've done that on a couple shafts, but I don't know if boring/reaming a ~5/16" hole for a 3/8" screw on coil ears or shaft would be a good thing.

Maybe they make a 5/16" nominal size toilet seat bolt.  I'm pretty sure you can get that size plastic screw and nut from the national fastener suppliers like McMaster Carr and MSC.  As far as the local hardware/plumbing store, though -- ???

I just checked the couple I have had for years, you are right, they are to big for the Enox. 🙁

I think I had checked them in my first bounty hunter.  

• 2 weeks later...

A few target tests . These were done on my lawn , so not air tests but certainly surface tests . Tried low and high conductor on all targets . There appeared to be a one digit difference in target number . The thinnest ring would not register at all when on high conductor but came up Ok on low , albeit with a very low number , junk target tone , but good target trace . Of note is the very low V.D.I's when the ring is broken . Also plain bands give a perfect circle on TT but when they have a larger area on one side like a signet ring then TT is a circle with a smudge to one side . With the silly season in full swing I am struggling to find time to get in the field for some real hunting .

P1010556.JPG

P1010557.JPG

P1010558.JPG

P1010560.JPG

P1010561.JPG

P1010562.JPG

P1010563.JPG