Ground Phase Readout

Bohemia Miner

I've looked through the manual and did a few searches here but came up blank.

Does the 800 have a Ground Phase Readout?

Thanks!

It displays a number while ground balancing the machine.  It is not clear exactly how that number corresponds exactly to ground phase other than being a relative reference number for various different ground phase conditions.  That number is not continuously displayed during searching and there is no ground mineralization meter.

Yes, it gives a number when you balance it, what it means I am not sure anyone actually knows, but it is good for comparison from balance to balance. If I recall I think the range is 0 - 50, but could be wrong, like I said it is more for comparison, unless you want to manually override the setting, that you can do if you want.

30 minutes ago, Knomad said:

If I recall I think the range is 0 - 50

Close, I had to go back and look it up myself to be sure.  The range is -9 to 99 on all models (including the new 700/900) with 0 being the default (neutral ground?) setting.

The GB setting range is discussed on p. 26 of the new Nox 700/900 manual and page 40 of the Nox 600/800 manual.

I forgot about that.  Of course, it would give GB numbers while Ground Balancing.

What I was actually wondering is whether it had the ability to read the ground and give a constant readout to facilitate searching for Black Sand Concentrations for Prospecting and mining.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Bohemia Miner said:

I forgot about that.  Of course, it would give GB numbers.

What I was actually wondering is whether it had the ability to read the ground and give a constant readout to facilitate searching for Black Sand Concentrations for Prospecting and mining.

Thanks!

As I said above, it does not provide a continuous GB setting readout while searching and it lacks a mineralization meter.  Though it does track mineralization changes as those are used to readjust ground balance on the fly when using GB tracking mode.

Also note the GB is not global but is mode dependent (i.e, you have to set the balance point or select tracking on/off for each mode separately), ostensibly because the machine reacts to ground phase differently due to the frequency profile differences associated with each mode.

HTH.

I do miss the constant magnetic sand readout of my Whites Goldmaster,  I got really good at reading that and the probability of iron constant readout, with both you could get a very good idea if the probability of iron was accurate. I found a .9 ONCE nugget in solid 5 inches of black sand by doing that.