Manticore Center Line Question...

Yes no iron audio at all.

Part 2 not just hearing only iron. But the non ferrous target is so clipped by the iron grunt that you just think it's a false off iron. Turn off iron audio and now the audio and ID is much cleaner. I have not been just relying on this technique. It's a combination of running iron audio off and then switch it on to see if iron is present. Then try and isolated 2 targets with pinpoint.

Still in the experiment stage, but from what I've seen so far I'm liking it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, abenson said:

Yes no iron audio at all.

Part 2 not just hearing only iron. But the non ferrous target is so clipped by the iron grunt that you just think it's a false off iron. Turn off iron audio and now the audio and ID is much cleaner. I have not been just relying on this technique. It's a combination of running iron audio off and then switch it on to see if iron is present. Then try and isolated 2 targets with pinpoint.

Still in the experiment stage, but from what I've seen so far I'm liking it.

I find the opposite to be the rule. If your hunting where there is fair amount of iron with the horseshoe off the audio sputters because the detector is blanking out the iron audio. I find all audio much smoother with the horseshoe on. Many times with the Equinox I somehow turned the horseshoe off accidentally. I would think why is the audio sounding so weird like sputtering. I would invariably look down and see I had not turned the horseshoe button on. Once I did everything was better. 

With the iron audio off won't iron still false with a high tone?

People need to run their machine in a way that works best for them. I personally hate all tones/full tones, and don't find them pleasant to listen to or helpful unless your hunting with no iron and very little trash. 

1 hour ago, bamajoe said:

abenson,   what recovery speed setting  are you finding works best ?

For me I like 3. But that will be different for everyone. I can't answer that question for anyone but myself.

12 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

I find the opposite to be the rule. If your hunting where there is fair amount of iron with the horseshoe off the audio sputters because the detector is blanking out the iron audio. I find all audio much smoother with the horseshoe on. Many times with the Equinox I somehow turned the horseshoe off accidentally. I would think why is the audio sounding so weird like sputtering. I would invariably look down and see I had not turned the horseshoe button on. Once I did everything was better. 

With the iron audio off won't iron still false with a high tone?

People need to run their machine in a way that works best for them. I personally hate all tones/full tones, and don't find them pleasant to listen to or helpful unless your hunting with no iron and very little trash. 

Everyone is going to have there own preferences. I personally always hunt in all tones and my recovery speed is most likely less than most people like as well. But your right everyone needs to use what settings work for them.

I can tell you for absolute certain on a 6" deep clad dime I dug today, you wouldn't have heard it running horseshoe on. There was an old galvanized sprinkler pipe in the ground at a park I was hunting today. I past over the target in the disc pattern I made with iron audio off and got a clear 78-80 ID and audio, target trace showed a line top of the screen down to the center line. But when I went to open screen the audio got funky and the ID dropped to single digits and trace splattered all over. When I pinpointed I got nothing but a long signal running away from where I got the original signal both directions. So I went back to the disc pattern and got the same dime like ID. I thought this sounds to good to be the pipe. I ended up pinpointing the target by crossing the target at 30 degree angles from the pipe and drew an X, dug down and sure enough there was a dime at about 6".

All I know is I'm doing way better with the Manticore now than I was a few weeks ago hunting parks. I was chasing way to many deep nails, now I'm not digging any. Maybe I'm missing stuff, but I know for a fact I'm also picking stuff up that I would have missed otherwise.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, stateguy said:

Are you planning on making a video to show on how it works

Not in the near future, for a few reason. I'm limited by frozen ground and parks in the valley are one of the few places I can hunt. But I hate doing videos in public parks (have you ever seen me do a park video?) it attracts to much attention. We are also expecting 6-12" of snow tomorrow and I expect that will be around for a few weeks. By that time I will be going to 2 hunts back East hunting relics, which I will be doing videos of. However, I'm planning on using the Deus 2 at the one hunt and the GPX 6000 at the other.

Rattlehead should get the credit for what I'm using. Watch his video it will show a similar setup to what I'm using.

• Like 2

I'm hunting on a very old site full of iron. Is not possible to pump GB correctly. Oxidation, halo effects and forget nails with square heads. 

My settings:

Program Low Conductors, recovery 5-6, ferrous limit - upper 6 lower 3, sensitivity 23, long noise cancel for 20 minutes. 

Audio: Enhanced and modulation: Simple - one tone. Disc ON. 

How does it work? 

I get iron falsing but with Enhanced audio is fine. I can east to distinguish what target I get under the coil. If I'm not sure I'm checking on a 2D screen with a 90-degree turn. That way you can easily analyze each target even the iron masked.

That is the simple, an iffy signal after a turn can back to iron or go back to the conduction line. 

Even not easy targets like horseshoes are easy to check. You get a diagonal line across the entire conductance axis from upper right to lower left or a dot in the left low corner if you only half of it...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shelton said:

, long noise cancel for 20 minutes. 

Seriously ?

• Haha 1