Recommend A Beach Pattern

stateguy

I am using the shock beach program ( all of them). 
senistivity at 22 ( can’t go higher). 
iron bias 3-5. 
I am getting a lot of iron. 
personally I can’t tell if it’s a good target unless it’s a surface. But when I go say past 4 in the iron sounds good. I have the all metal off 
should I raise the ferrous limits and discriminate more. 
Does anyone care to share there program or offer and suggestions. I would appreciate it 

I assume you are at a salt beach.

I have been using what NASA Tom uses as a place to start and learn the machine. No problem determining iron from good target using both sound and 2D graph.

For wet sand:

Long press noise cancel at least 16" above ground.

Ground balance near waters edge, tracking off.

Beach Low Conductors, recovery 4, nothing disc/all metal on, ferrous limits: upper 4 lower 0, ferrous volume 7, main volume 18 or so, AUDIO THEME: PROSPECTING!

Audio theme prospecting so target tones is disabled.

Sensitivity as high as comfortable to you.

With this set-up iron grunts are audible but low volume. A target will be clearly heard and then you verify it on the 2D graph. I pass on just about everything that is not on the center line, after all, you're not relic hunting. You are coin and jewelry hunting.

Some people won't like prospecting audio because they are already use to 2 tones, 5 tones, all tones from Equinox and that's what they want to continue Manticore with. I'm coming from a Fisher CZ-21 where you don't have tone selection, so I'm liking prospecting.

Give it a go, see if you are OK with it. If not, change audio theme to what you want.

I am using the same settings as TampaBayBrad has listed above with the exception of a little more volume on ferrous. I used to use 50 tomes on the Nox but do like the prospecting audio. It's not for everyone but there are other audio options available. 

I'm not digging much iron at all beach hunting. But I'm also running Beach Deep, stock ferrous limits, all metal, 1 region all tones, normal audio, profile medium. With the prospecting mode I can see how it might be harder to distinguish non-ferrous from ferrous. Try turning your iron audio up as suggested by others.

Can you guys who have responded give a little more insight on how Prospecting audio behaves? I am still trying to understand NASA Tom’ s description of it being akin to motion all Metal mode on older detectors. Is it like Pitch or VCO?

Prospecting audio theme is a single tone mode. It sounds just like the Equinox in the prospecting programs. I don't particularly like it unless I'm hunting gold nuggets. Everything you go over sounds the same, so to me it's harder to distinguish iron false from a real deep target. But it might work fine for other. My hearing is not as good as it was when I was younger.

This is a good  set up to sharpen your coil testing (varied and  cross sweep) skills.  Tom does run some (4-upper)  FE Limits.  Prospecting audio mode overall is very quick and sharp and when you make changes  to the Rec Spd, or FE Limits for example you  can really hear your changes.  Its a very good way to learn to run a balanced signal instead of depending on any presets.  I ran this mode in fresh last weekend and got a pitted (haloed) quarter down 17" maybe more.  It's quite valuable to find a "deep standard" that can be adapted to other applications.  Prospecting mode on the NOX was actually no deeper than Park 2 but it was fast and lively obviously better in black sand.  Found a lot of stuff in dense shoreline junk with it's accurate audio.  I did this by putting in a small reject block that made it "stutter" on caps so I coud head for the worst areas while others were bogged down digging them all.   

cjc

On 2/20/2023 at 6:54 AM, stateguy said:

I am using the shock beach program ( all of them). 
senistivity at 22 ( can’t go higher). 
iron bias 3-5. 
I am getting a lot of iron. 
personally I can’t tell if it’s a good target unless it’s a surface. But when I go say past 4 in the iron sounds good. I have the all metal off 
should I raise the ferrous limits and discriminate more. 
Does anyone care to share there program or offer and suggestions. I would appreciate it 

You wont her the iron grunts with all metal off...I constantly toggle back and forth while hunting. I prefer to hear everything so usually hunt with it on but will turn it off once in while to give the old ears a break. Dont be afraid to turn the sensitivity down a little more..find  target at 22 and turn it down to 18 and see how it sounds. I like deep audio at the beach. it's a little smoother then prospecting. 

strick