New D2 Software

PI-Man

2 hours ago, TJ Jeepguy said:

I frequently experience vdi’s of 7 or 9 (never 8 ) with good non-ferrous tone.  Some have been small iron with a small or thin non-ferrous, and some have just been very small iron with some symmetry In their shape. And that is regardless of tone choice other than full tones.  Full tones just doesn’t know how to act or react yet. It’s like a hyperactive teen at his first job.   

However in Deep HC, small or large iron will false in both VDI and tone running stock discrim , but lowering the descrim will make that same target false in tone but read a 7 or 9 VDI. I haven’t noticed that in any other program, but I haven’t dwelled too much on it. 

Thanks.  (and Thanks 67GTA).  When I suspect falsing in Deep HC or General (my two main search programs), I just switch on over to Relic with IAR on 5 to see if it resolves to a ferrous tone.  That plus turning on the target pretty much solves falsing.  As far as iron VDI and non-ferrous tone, fine, I'll take my chances on that one.  Again, the shifting over to relic resolves it one way or the other.  If it sill rings non-ferrous regardless of vdi, then I will dig it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks.  (and Thanks 67GTA).  When I suspect falsing in Deep HC or General (my two main search programs), I just switch on over to Relic with IAR on 5 to see if it resolves to a ferrous tone.  That plus turning on the target pretty much solves falsing.  As far as iron VDI and non-ferrous tone, fine, I'll take my chances on that one.  Again, the shifting over to relic resolves it one way or the other.  If it sill rings non-ferrous regardless of vdi, then I will dig it.

I’ve been spending some time with Relic and have been very impressed with its abilities in situations as you described.  Definitely an underutilized program by me. General is on my list for experimentation.  

• Like 3

On 4/6/2023 at 5:12 PM, TJ Jeepguy said:

I frequently experience vdi’s of 7 or 9 (never 8 ) with good non-ferrous tone.  Some have been small iron with a small or thin non-ferrous, and some have just been very small iron with some symmetry In their shape.

I was doing some experiments with a dime and various sized and shaped iron objects and got the 7-9 in various programs but I noticed that if it was iron falsing, the Ferrous/Non-Ferrous display (in both horseshoe and big display) would only briefly show any non-ferrous display and would mainly show ferrous display. With the dime near iron, it would show a good solid non-ferrous display over the dime with occasional  ferrous display regardless of tone or VDI.

This was in surface testing and I haven't done buried testing yet, but I thought that was interesting.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say that I have anything to complain about with the D2 software, if anything it is the hardware that I fear will fall apart😬,But I wonder if we are waiting so long for a final, improved version or is all this time to bring out the anti Manticore?

Screenshot_2023-04-19-21-05-27-783-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I can't say that I have anything to complain about with the D2 software, if anything it is the hardware that I fear will fall apart😬,But I wonder if we are waiting so long for a final, improved version or is all this time to bring out the anti Manticore?

I haven't had any hardware problems yet after a year of hard use and I even use it to "weed wack" tumble weeds on ghost town sites, however I'm not a diver. There are quite a few shaft options available for diving and land use including XP's Dive Shaft and the awesome carbon fiber shaft by Steve's Detector Rods. As far as the rest of the hardware goes, I have no complaints.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

There are quite a few shaft options available for diving

The shaft was the first modification I made, then the remote control attachment clip by doodads...But I still have problems with accidental release of the remote control from the handle.

The problem is that there is ordinary rough tape, which is supposed to restrain sliding, but it falls apart and gradually you can see the transparent part

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

The shaft was the first modification I made, then the remote control attachment clip by doodads...But I still have problems with accidental release of the remote control from the handle.

The problem is that there is ordinary rough tape, which is supposed to restrain sliding, but it falls apart and gradually you can see the transparent part

The problem is your hand sliding up the shaft into the bottom of the RC. A generous wrap of vet wrap or bat wrap at the top of the handle will stop your hand from sliding up and provides a better grip. JMHO

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Carolina said:

The problem is your hand sliding up the shaft into the bottom of the RC

I would love it if this was the problem😂.

I have to admit that Anderson's sponge grip is wonderful and unfortunately the plastic of the remote slips a lot when wet and although it has a locking screw, the clip retainer is weak and jumps off everything💣