7 Penny's

Nice looking old house site. Nice finds too.

• Like 1

I'm thinking this is a better time of year to deal with that vegetation than when it's alive.  At first I wondered if you had a miner's tag but then I noticed the size of it next to the Wheaties.  Do you know what it was used for?  Any scarce date -S mintmarked Lincolns you want to antagonize me with?  😏  Nice photos -- really give us an idea of what you were dealing with, positive and negative.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, matt said:

Those wed sticks can sure be a pita. I always hated the tar weed in the summer months. It smells and sticks to everything! It looks like the same type of ground. Do you get that nasty tar weed too?

Matt I'm not sure what that weed is we do have sticky tar weed around here in certain areas...this place  I avoided last summer due to the overgrowth...I was thinking it was dead Mustard grass which is all over the place in the Mt Diablo foot hills. 

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm thinking this is a better time of year to deal with that vegetation than when it's alive.  At first I wondered if you had a miner's tag but then I noticed the size of it next to the Wheaties.  Do you know what it was used for?  Any scarce date -S mintmarked Lincolns you want to antagonize me with?  😏  Nice photos -- really give us an idea of what you were dealing with, positive and negative.

GB that tag came off some type of livestock..It had  very large chain attached to it which makes me think a bullock or old dairy cow set up...Thanks for looking Oh and the penny's all had s mint marks but are so thrashed and I looked them up briefly but no love lol.

strick 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, strick said:

Matt I'm not sure what that weed is we do have sticky tar weed around here in certain areas...this place  I avoided last summer due to the overgrowth...I was thinking it was dead Mustard grass which is all over the place in the Mt Diablo foot hills. 

GB that tag came off some type of livestock..It had  very large chain attached to it which makes me think a bullock or old dairy cow set up...Thanks for looking Oh and the penny's all had s mint marks but are so thrashed and I looked them up briefly but no love lol.

strick 

Too close to home man. I usually head south of there to SC. Best beaches around for finding stuff. San Mateo is a wash though, no swimming allowed.

Nice hunt strick! 👍 I know it isn't much but just getting out in the open fields is awesome. Beautiful scenery and evil sticks, I can knock the ones that grow here down easily. Sorry you are getting all that rain. 😵 We're having the warmest February in a long time. It's been great!

Those ditches look deep enough to handle some serious runoff, you should see our 100ft deep ravines here, treeline and bam. 😬 If some of the trees that grow in the bottom of them were on the higher elevations, none of which are really all that high, they'd be 200ft tall. 😀

Always nice to swing that D2, ain't it? 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sirius said:

Too close to home man. I usually head south of there to SC. Best beaches around for finding stuff. San Mateo is a wash though no swimming allowed.

Sirius- beaches are for sissies lol J/K easy digging like butter..but once in a while I will oblige when times are tough and need a break from some real detecting. Happy hunting bro. 👍

39 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice hunt strick! 👍 I know it isn't much but just getting out in the open fields is awesome. Beautiful scenery and evil sticks, I can knock the ones that grow here down easily. Sorry you are getting all that rain. 😵 We're having the warmest February in a long time. It's been great!

Those ditches look deep enough to handle some serious runoff, you should see our 100ft deep ravines here, treeline and bam. 😬 If some of the trees that grow in the bottom of them were on the higher elevations, none of which are really all that high, they'd be 200ft tall. 😀

Always nice to swing that D2, ain't it? 😎

350 yep had to be careful climbing up the bank very slippery...the sun will come out sooner or later..but then the grass will be 2 feet tall so gotta get the swing time in before then. Always loved the deus for some quality swing time The deus 2 is just a tiny bit nose heaver then the deus 1 was but not that noticeable. The deus 1 with the elliptical coil is true feather weight and has crazy separation but I'd rather have the Multi if you know what I mean..thanks for checking in buddy. 

strick 

• Like 2