Audio Question

I'm wondering if it's just my hearing or if it's the Legend audio...does the Legend audio sound static/crackling/rattle to you guys?  Mine sounds that way through the speaker of the machine and headphones...I have even tried with a better pair of Bluetooth headphones and still hear the same thing.  I thought it might be from using several tones and it being the blending audio but even with 2 tones, I still hear it.  Only way I can describe it is like the sound coming from a busted speaker.  One of the audio modes on the Manticore was the same way to me so it may just be my hearing with certain frequencies.  Take it from me...just one shot of a 44 Magnum revolver with a ported barrel is enough to cause some pretty good hearing loss.  

Your speaker hasn’t gone out but maybe it’s on the way out. Could have a crack in the speaker causing that what you hear.

Get another person to check it out for you. That may be the best route first to take .

Chuck 

Just a few thoughts since you asked.

My speaker is probably not one of the newer ones. It sounds scratchy sometimes.

Might want to make sure your wireless headphones are fully charged and the operating controls are on the right ear.

Pitch (P) 2 tones sounds a little scratchy to me since it is VCO audio.

The other tone options for Park, Field and Beach don't sound scratchy to me unless a target is giving a mixed ferrous/non ferrous tone with some of the iron target IDs rejected or if the target has a lot of varied surfaces like a steel screw, bolt, nut, aluminum screw cap, crumpled aluminum foil, etc. 

Goldfield's VCO one tone audio also can sound a bit scratchy.

I have played in a lot of symphony orchestras and had to sit right in front of the trumpets and trombones along with being a longtime marksman with and without hearing protection so my hearing is extremely subjective too.

There have been a few posts on various forums mentioning scratchy sounding audio after updating to V1.11.  Seems something may go sideways.  The fix has been to Factory Default reset the detector then re Install the V1.11 update & do another FD reset.   Have you also done the Threshold update?

Something is not right. The Tones should be nice & clean.  Hopefully it will get right with a FD reset or updates.

I need you to wring that machine out in your hot dirt!🙂