Finds At A New Location Being Worked On By Backhoes

The beach I went to and focused on today is the one where the dock and concrete ship got destroyed by the recent storm. The removal of the dock allowed for alot more stuff to flow in and thus many things have been found near where the dock was. I thought I was too late for all the good finds, but apparently new stuff keeps getting washed in, and the backhoes are still around shifting the sands alot during the weekdays. They prevent people from going into the area while they're working, but when they leave it's pretty much virgin hunting grounds; first come first serve. I managed to time it and get back to the site before the construction crew left and pretty much cleared the beach of most of the goodies. Mostly clad, but some silver as well! 3 silver dimes at least, a crucifix and a grad tassel charm from 1959. Really cool and old stuff. I'll be heading back soon enough as it's been dry lately at all the other beaches.

20230410_191252.jpg

Good hunt. I like the cross.

Glad you are able to get in on a good opportunity window.

• The title was changed to Finds At A New Location Being Worked On By Backhoes
2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great snags, Sirius, you got to jump on situations like that, well done!

I'll be checking it out again tomorrow, gave a youtuber some info about it as well so hopefully he's not there when I get there!

I can take advantage of people working on the weekdays and claim all the goodies for myself. Plus the tide will be lower than usual tomorrow so I'll be able to search more of that area! Hoping it didn't get sanded in these last two day!

Nice! I'd be hunting that spot until absolutely nothing is left. Once that window of opportunity closes... It's gone!

It's already kinda getting there. The backhoes have moved further down the beach and the coinline is getting scattered as it wasn't in one area anymore. I went on thursday and didn't find anything significant; Decent amount of coins though.

15 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Good decision to look there ! 

Keep going back , still lots stirred up offshore , that big tub was scraping and bouncing on the way in no doubt..🥸

Its over, the sand is in. Had to hit a different location further south. No jewelry this time, but found a ton of coins. 1 silver dime found.