We Are Getting Closer To The Arrival

V80 and V60 landing in the United States in May. I love my Quest Detectors. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

V80 and V60 landing in the United States in May. I love my Quest Detectors. 

I am anxiously waiting to get one of the V80s # 1 on my dealers list to receive one

just wish the testers of the V80 would post up some more videos of real world detecting with one of the V80s

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to hearing how the Quest goes, I think it's fantastic another serious player in the game and it appears to have some really good features and differences to other detectors on the market, fortunately or unfortunately whichever way you look at it I won't be buying one, I'm done buying detectors for some time now, I'm not to keen on paying for tiny increments in performance improvements if any and have settled on my fleet for now until there is a dramatic change, if there ever is.

I really hope Quest do a good job with this one, it very much appears they will, the more competition we get the better.

The fact Detech, Mars and Nel all make coils for Quest detectors is something that's very appealing to me and could be enough to tip me over the edge if its a good all round detector including prospecting, has the right frequencies that's for sure to be the best of all multi freakers for gold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

Say what?  Simon sitting out on the purchase of a detector?  Say it's not true ... loudly.

Come on Simon, who is believing this?  haha

I've met the Quest people years ago.  They were at a different location then closer to me.  I tested a few items for them and have offered to test more but we didn't stay in touch so I don't know much about this new crop of detectors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The last few detectors I've bought would not dramatically change my finds rates if at all, yes I like them for the most part however if I didn't have them nothing much would change for my needs at least.  I won't name names as this is a Quest section and as far as Quest goes I'm very impressed, I'd love one and I could possibly replace detectors by using the new Quest model but now I've lost that enthusiasm for new detectors, when jumping up from average detectors to good detectors it's exciting and finds increase, when you're already at the top and change to another top little changes.   I need advancements in technology to waste money buying a new detector, minor increments in performance that in the real world don't change the results much if at all are hardly worth the spend, people have different needs and maybe some detectors have improved more dramatically for them and their needs over my needs so my views are my own.  Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy 🙂

In saying that it's fantastic Quest are doing this, super impressed and I honestly hope they kick every other manufacturers butt with their detector, and they may well do so.  Some detector manufacturers remind me of Kodak... new or smaller brands are coming in to take their place and Quest appears to be one of those brands.  Go Quest!

This is worth a read 🙂

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chunkamui/2012/01/18/how-kodak-failed/?sh=3bda25146f27

Tesoro had a Kodak moment, so did Whites, others are following.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2023 at 10:55 PM, midalake said:

I am sleepy.......😴

Letter her Rip, Rip Van.

• Like 1

Here we are wishing in one hand and spitting in the other hand to see what gets full the fastest.

At one time when I bought a detector I didn’t think about buying another until 10 years are more. Now a new detector comes out every year are two and we think we got to have it.

The sad thing is I’m just as bad as everyone else .

Chuck 

• Like 2