How Long Did It Take To Find Your First Nugget?

Arky

Seven years.  I got a bit frustrated and paid Ray Mills considerable cash for help.  After an introduction session that Fall, he took my buddy and me to a better place that Spring.  Over the next few days I found 63  mostly sub-gram "nuggets".  My buddy the @@@,  fount 79.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

You know how the joke goes.

Yeah gotta agree, but you dont know this until your an old bull and that`s no bull.... ? How many cows?????

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Think it took me a good 5 or 6 trips  and it was .85 of grammar.

Then another 3 or 4 trips before I got another one,  got a 6 grammar and 3 sub grammars. I was working an old good rush area in the NT, and was getting real frustrated with boot tacks and bullets, but now I look for un worked ground. There is plenty of ground that has gold on it, that is not viable for the big companies.

Hooked ever since. Rarely have a trip without at least 1 nugget these days.

• Like 4

took me 6 months of detecting once a weekend before I finally scored a small 0.2g!

My problem for the first 6 months was that I was using a PI mine detector with silent threshold....literally only dug loud signals. Finally scored a bit the first time out with the 2300....sucked and licked that bit about 40 times while staring at it to make sure it was actually gold ?

Looking back, I think I walked over gold with the mine detector......I just didnt know at the time that I should have investigated the small squeaks and farts....

• Like 3

i think it was 1995. i bought a Tesoro Diablo II Gold Demon from Arizona Al who had a little shop in Glendale.
as i only had a car, i only got out when a friend of mine with a truck could get out.
i think it was about 8 to 10 trips within about a years time i found a 1.5 gram nugget shaped like a small pinto bean.
i was out in that area this morning and thought i would give it a look. i have hit this spot a lot with lots of different machines.
and was not expecting to find anything. all these years and i have been walking past this .56. it was 8 feet away from the first one
i ever found on the opposite side of the wash. it was under 5 inches of old dry washer tailings.

20230419_130918 (2).jpg

20230419_121010 (2).jpg

• Like 9

Had a Whites DFX for two years and found nothing, purchased a 5000 and first day out found a gram nugget, a few days later found a 11 gram nugget. I got gold fever really bad after that trip, still have that disease to this day. 

• Like 4