Wireless Aptx Transmitter And Headphones For Sdc2300, Real-world Advice Needed

Has anyone in this big blue world converted their 2300 for use with true APTX LL wireless transmitter & headphones?? Not looking for 'maybes' or 'perhaps', but actual 2300 users who have actually 'been there, done that'. Someone who have found a pairing of gear that uses the Qualcomm APTX-LL system and uses it to good effect. A family member wants to do away with the wired headphones. I expect he will need the Phase technical headphone adapter to start with, but a bit of advice for what gear actually works in a fast fashion would be ideal. Thanks in advance :happy:

Sorry Aureous but I am going to be a pain in the ass and do exactly what you asked us not to....

Yes, they will need the audio adapter.  

But why don't they use this instead?  Also from Phasetech.  Used it on the QED and it is a brilliant bit of kit.  Lasts for ages.  Recharges quickly.  Only a 0.06 sec delay.  Has a volume control.  And I'm sure Phasetech will confirm that it 100% works for the SDC.  Then just use whatever headphone/earbud options they prefer.  

https://phasetechnical.com.au/product/quest-wirefree-mate-kit/

Audio adapter  https://phasetechnical.com.au/product/sdc2300_adaptor_lead/

Not the cheapest option though at a total of $250 or thereabouts.  

Thanks NE, I could just message Nenad (Phase Technical)  for confirmation but I'll wait for his input here so that everyone else can obtain the info from him also. Cheers for the suggestion <thumbs up>

Hey guys, yes the Quest WireFree gear is a paired wireless combo, either Transmitter/Receiver or Transmitter/Headphones. They will work just fine on anything you can plug it into. The standard audio cable is 6.35mm, but 3.5mm is also available for those wanting to connect to a gold monster, vanquish etc. 

So yes for the SDC, an adaptor cable is required. 

It's 2.4 ghz wireless, so can't directly pair to other (non Quest) gear. Much the same as Minelab's wireless modules, and the new headphones for Nox 700/900 and Manti. 

The mate kit with wireless receiver allows you to plug any wired headphones into it that you prefer, but if you want zero cables, then the WireFree Pro headphones basically have the receiver built in. 

I've had many GPZ7000 users over their years either lose their WM12 module, or drowned it etc and instead of buying a replacement bought the WireFree Pro headphones and have been happy with the results. 

Quest have Qualcomm Low Latency headphones that will pair directly to Equinox 600/800, Nokta Legend and GPX6000, and hopefully soon will have a standalone receiver version too. 

Awesome, thanks. Have you had personal experience with this kit on an SDC or know someone who has??? Many years ago when I owned my own SDC, I tried another type of transmitter with the same brand headphones and it was woeful. It not only lagged too much but it lost the detector a large degree of sensitivity (the whole point of owning an SDC). I know if the GPZ's are successful with it, then the SDC should follow suit....but its always good to know that someone else has done the 'hard yards' before you. <Huge thumbs Up>

I've used the Quest Wirefree on my GPZ with no issues, it's latency isn't as fast as aptX LL however it's more than adequate for a gold detector.  It's range is better than the WM12 that came with the GPZ too.  I've used it on my GPX 4500 too with no problems.  The 2.4ghz wireless has a better range and stability than Bluetooth.

I purchased mine from Nenad, always a smooth easy transaction with Nenad, I wish he was a NZ Dealer 😉

All I can tell you is what I have used for 3 or 4 years on multiple detectors with 1/4 headphone jacks, these are reliable, small, fast enough, and cheap. I just mount them with Velcro so I can remove them for multiple detectors and for separate charging, they also have long battery life, I do not recall ever running out of battery in a long day.

They pair it seems with any Bluetooth headset you want, just be sure they too are low latency.

SIDE NOTE -- I do not know if they are the same today as about 4-5 years ago, BUT, I went through two QUEST UNITS, Bad Ports, in just over a year, so at about $160 each VS $30 for reliable units, obviously I now stay away from Quest.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4W40VC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/VCE-2-Pack-6-35mm-Female-Adapter/dp/B01EJ5UV3C/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2PJYQVK08RFR7&keywords=1%2F4+to+1%2F8+audio+cable+adapter&qid=1682571537&sprefix=1%2F4+to+1%2F8%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-3

9 minutes ago, Knomad said:

All I can tell you is what I have used for 3 or 4 years on multiple detectors with 1/4 headphone jacks, these are reliable, small, fast enough, and cheap.

I've tried a few of the Cheap Chinese transmitters and even Avantree and Mpow branded ones are NOT Low Latency. To my ears, they are waaay too slow for Pulse Induction prospecting detectors. Ive wasted several hundred dollars trialing the cheap ones and done my dough on all of 'em. 

Appreciate the feedback on the Quest products though....seems like ya gotta be real careful with the charging connections ports?

They're micro USB, no different to any other product with the same, I advise not trying to charge them after 30 beers and plugging it in the wrong way 🙂

Yes, some of the cheap Chinese transmitters are slow, these are not.

The type of detector makes little difference to a Bluetooth, but if anything a fast VLF is more likely to show latency than a pulse detector, mostly because of swing speed usually being slower with pulse, this particular transmitter is low latency, I have used it on both pulse and VLF. what I have seen is that headsets often are not, and if a headset is slow than NO transmitter will help with that.

As for the Quest units, at that time they were fast, But junk quality. I cannot speak for their latest offerings, other than to say they are over priced.