Minelabs X-Terra Pro.... Anyone Enjoying Theirs?

...I went out last night at low tide to see what I could find. I'm still testing the Nox's 11' coil.

There are improvements,  a little more depth, more precise TID...but I miss the original 12x9. The thermodynamics of the oval coil and its lower weight work in its favor.

In the water the game changes!!...

The detector is starting to show signs of wear. Aluminum shafts are prone to scratching by fine sand. The grip clip has given a little. It ends up rising when it is pulled by strong waves. I had to reinforce the armrest support.

But for now, no water on the PDA...

One small Gold ring come out! 0,80 gr. 

IMG_20230914_233234.jpg

IMG_20230915_074936.jpg

• Like 3

I have returned to the original coil, I think it is a better option for wading and I went for a walk...

I'm testing Beach 2 on the shore and I think the transition between wet sand and waves is better resolved. According to the manual the recovery speed is somewhat higher. I have the Horseshoe ON and the pitch break at -4. This is how I take advantage of the deep iron signals and the ones that I like the way they sound...

Manual Ground Balance on O and Tracking OFF. 5 tones and the vibration function on. The sensitivity between 17 and 19 depending on whether I get more into the water or not. 

And I must say that this machine is really good.

I go out to look for low tones and weak and confusing signals, everyone entertains themselves with what they want...and in my case it's Gold.

Well, piece number 18 has come out!!!!. Gold ring 14k, 2.84 gr.

I have already passed 50 grams so far this year and there is less and less left for the two Ounces.

The sensitivity of this device is impressive and the audio even better. If it rings, it's there. Both the silver bangle and the steel bracelet sounded bad.

Open mind...

😎

IMG_20230918_221853.jpg

IMG_20230919_185244.jpg

IMG_20230919_185315.jpg

IMG_20230919_181756.jpg

IMG_20230919_124936.jpg

IMG_20230919_181230.jpg

IMG_20230919_180750.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Airtemisa said:

Simply awsome... you count your exits by gold pieces... 😉

That would be incredible...That's a lot of hours. I go out practically every day, even if it's just for a short time.

I dive a couple of days a week. 3-4 hours.

I have chosen about four beaches over the years and the good finds tend to be repeated.

I saw that you have bought a Nox 900. Congratulations.

I await your comments.

😎

• Like 1

Yes StarVatrex, EQX900. XTP is amazing for it's prize, and very sensitive in gold, but that ferrous sound in medium-high depth non ferrous targets makes me feel something is missing. So, I can't get with it, I need best accuracy sound, I hunt by ear, so I make an effort and went for the 900.

I have use the 900 only once, and it's like my 800 but updated and a little better. Watch the Sound mod I have done for the speaker, since it's the same measures are for the Xterra Pro.

I would like to own the Xterra, but I can't own all them! 

On 9/23/2023 at 11:43 PM, Airtemisa said:

Yes StarVatrex, EQX900. XTP is amazing for it's prize, and very sensitive in gold, but that ferrous sound in medium-high depth non ferrous targets makes me feel something is missing. So, I can't get with it, I need best accuracy sound, I hunt by ear, so I make an effort and went for the 900.

I have use the 900 only once, and it's like my 800 but updated and a little better. Watch the Sound mod I have done for the speaker, since it's the same measures are for the Xterra Pro.

I would like to own the Xterra, but I can't own all them! 

Good choice, I have it in my sights too...

Although I think I would go for the 700, I only use it on the beach. 

I have grown fond of the XT Pro, it's light and the low tones don't worry me, I also hunt by ear.

You have to change the chip a little, it's an SF. Everything that is more than 8-10 inches deep will be shades around 84-85 ID and low numbers, forget about the ID. With a pair of scoops you will clear up any doubts... It's not as sensitive to the small aluminum debris so common on the beach, with the 900 you will have to lower the sensitivity. I know I lose some micro jewelry, but...

In depth tests with my Nox 800 they are on par and the processor, audio and EMI handling are clearly superior.

And most importantly, I don't even have the feeling of losing anything valuable.

There is a myth among beach hunters around Nox to "always" use All Metal ON and two tones to get more depth.

I don't share it, I use the muted horseshoe and 5 tones a lot.

Everyone can detect in their own way...

The important thing is to have fun.

😉

IMG_20230924_090842.jpg

• Like 1

Last night there was a full moon and low tide, it was time to go diving...

It's 9:00 p.m. The water is not so hot anymore. I like what I see, clean, hard sand, no major erosion but I smell the gold, I know it's there.

I choose a tourist beach, highly hunted by other detectorists. I don't know it like my other favorite beaches, but I got the comment that there were good Gold pieces coming out this summer. The background is darker, I have to lower the sensitivity to 13, otherwise I can't work. The light from the flashlight seems weaker. Agggh I don't see...

I manage to go up to 15-16 in an acceptable way, I am in BEACH 1, in 2 there is no way. I should have brought the 11' Nox coil. The flashlight continues to fail and the LED rear light is clearly insufficient, I still don't see much, by ear...open mind!

I'm thirty minutes in and I've covered practically nothing...I have to concentrate.

That's all that came out, the flashlight finally went off 40 minutes later.

All the Gold is fake, maybe next time...

😎

IMG_20230928_223532.jpg

IMG_20230929_094258.jpg

IMG_20230929_094349.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mcjtom said:

All that, was it under water or on wet sand at low tide?

Hi, that last hunt was all underwater. 

Most are on the surf, wet sand and chest-deep wading. Depends...I usually use Beach 1 or 2. I still don't know which is better. In winter I also dive, I use a 5mm Cressi. I'm a little cold. 

😉

In dry sand, Park 2 -15kHz.

I'm amazed by the battery life, more than 10-12 hours, incredible.

IMG_20230606_073646.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 4:14 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

I have no problem with people buying a detector like the X-Terra Pro for less intense beach or turf hunting where audio response is sufficient to dig. If target IDs are important........that's another story entirely.

I am not going to sugar coat this just because the X-Terra Pro says Minelab on it.

Owning the Equinox models since they were released, I am well aquainted with their single frequency operation in moderate to high mineralization. Up averaging of deeper targets using single frequency was severe, just like it was with the older X-Terra series, the selectable frequency Deus 1, ORX, Deus 2 Mono, Legend and any other detector that was only using a single frequency. I posted about it and made a long chart with a comparison of target ID accuracy for single frequency and SMF using the same detector. At least out here in higher iron mineralization, there was a huge difference in target ID accuracy. 15 kHz was by far the closest to ID quarters correctly here. Lower conductor and smaller high conductor coins....nope. The 6" nickel IDs are pretty good for all of the detectors charted using their SMF tech. The 6" clad dime IDs are slightly up averaged from surface clad dime IDs on all of the detectors using SMF tech in that test.

So, anyone expecting accurate target IDs using 5, 10 or 15 kHz on the X-Terra Pro on medium to deep targets just because it looks like an Equinox Lite, better have super mild soil or beach conditions. Otherwise, there is not enough secret sauce in the Equinox single frequency operation (which includes the X-Terra Pro) to make miracles suddenly happen.

DSCN0481.jpeg

Thank for all the info just received my xterra ro yesterday