Minelabs X-Terra Pro.... Anyone Enjoying Theirs?

8 hours ago, Airtemisa said:

Thanks for your comments StarVatrex.

So, you were wading... I do dive detecting. I own the Seaghost 800 Nox, and I'm thinking also as a backup for diving... A lot of thoughts at the sime time 🤔😂

Yes, I was wading and chest-deep in water, last night I went out again...

I broke that old silver ring with the Scoop and was able to remove both parts, that says a lot about the detector.

Finally the Pinpointer function works! And that with an easterly wind and good waves to move slightly.

That FAKE Big Gold ring was very deep. He would swing negative to one side (-12 to -2) and positive to the other side (18-24). It took me a while to get it out...Remember that it's night and in the water. It has not passed the magnet test. It must be stainless steel with a bath... it hurts. But you have to get it out, it shone on the Scoop like it was good!

A step forward has clearly been made in the audio. 

I'm starting to feel it as an extension of me. I'm liking the standard coil a lot, sensitive, deep and very precise.

I use the front part as if it were my fingers searching the sand.

The courtship has begun, I don't know how "the other" is going to handle it. It's been two months now without going out for a walk...

Like a backup for diving...Yes! 

IMG_20230607_081336.jpg

IMG_20230607_072412.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/1/2023 at 10:34 AM, StarVatrex said:

I have one since 03/22/3023 and I use it exclusively on the beach...

Into the future!

Thanks for your words! I'm considering doing some experiments or handiwork on it...  Covering the speaker with a thin plastic, well sealed, to be able to listen underwater without headphones... With that and the vibration (as pointers do), together with the 6 inc😎h coil (or the 10x5), it can be a great secret and discreet weapon on crowded beaches this summer... 

On 6/5/2023 at 4:06 PM, midalake said:

In Spain, a lot of gold is sold with the crisis and unfortunately that is what it is.  More costume jewelry than authentic.  Silver wedding bands are even being seen

17 hours ago, Luis said:

In Spain, a lot of gold is sold with the crisis and unfortunately that is what it is.  More costume jewelry than authentic.  Silver wedding bands are even being seen

True, and there are fewer coins and more garbage. But I don't think it's a problem only in Spain.

Let's use our detectors and their depth to go back a couple of decades...

Last night I decided to go to a small cove with difficult access. It is visited by local people and tourism that accesses by private boat. Gold had already come out there and these last winds have moved the entire seabed. I put on the neoprene and into the water!

Very few objectives, not a single euro coin. Some old iron and aluminum and when passing some rocks, in a patch of no more than two square meters, old peseta coins began to come out...

That tool that I think is from a ship and Bang! Another old Gold ring. 5,74 gr. and I have to review that stone more carefully.

It sounded bad and little, but it sounded...

At first there was no ID, but it sounded weak in the background, one more Scoop...jumpy ID 8-12 and grunts of iron. I have already taken some more with stones and edges and the sound is peculiar, they do not sound "round" like wedding bands. 

I had been in the water for over an hour with hardly anything coming out. Returned home at 01:36 a.m.

Open Mind...

IMG_20230609_071041.jpg

IMG_20230609_071056.jpg

IMG_20230609_071140.jpg

2 hours ago, StarVatrex said:

True, and there are fewer coins and more garbage. But I don't think it's a problem only in Spain.

Last night I decided to go to a small cove with difficult access. It is visited by local people and tourism that accesses by private boat. Gold had already come out there and these last winds have moved the entire seabed. I put on the neoprene and into the water!

Very few objectives, not a single euro coin. Some old iron and aluminum and when passing some rocks, in a patch of no more than two square meters, old peseta coins began to come out...

That tool that I think is from a ship and Bang! Another old Gold ring. 5,74 gr. and I have to review that stone more carefully.

At first there was no ID, but it sounded weak in the background, one more Scoop...jumpy ID 8-12 and grunts of iron. I have already taken some more with stones and edges and the sound is peculiar, they do not sound "round" like wedding bands. 

I had been in the water for over an hour with hardly anything coming out. Returned home at 01:36 a.m.

Open Mind...

IMG_20230609_071041.jpg

IMG_20230609_071056.jpg

IMG_20230609_071140.jpg

well done.  You have almost paid for the Xterra.  I am thinking of buying it as a backup for my Equinox and for my son when he is old enough to accompany me

20 hours ago, StarVatrex said:

Open Mind...

IMG_20230609_071041.jpg

IMG_20230609_071056.jpg

IMG_20230609_071140.jpg

Well done on the ring. I think that was there a while. The join has corroded away. I wonder if its a diamond? Anymore than 10k it should be.

2 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Well done on the ring. I think that was there a while. The join has corroded away. I wonder if its a diamond? Anymore than 10k it should be.

Many thanks Nuke em.

Yes, that one had been going around the sea for a while. It does not have any mark and it gives me a very low ID (11-12) for the weight, but the color tells me that it is high carat. The stone looks good...

Yesterday the wind changed to the west. This morning 4 rings. I have caught a good cut...

The small one is Gold (it's marked), two bigs with stones are silver and the last one is steel.

Very happy with the X Terra Pro.

😁

IMG_20230610_084556.jpg

IMG_20230610_070753.jpg

IMG_20230610_074507.jpg

• The title was changed to Minelabs Xterra Pro.... Anyone Enjoying Theirs?

I dabbled with AI as a kid with Dr Spaitso, that's as far as I went 🙂

https://classicreload.com/dr-sbaitso.html

Click on "start" and play game and have a turn, it kept me entertained for hours as a youngster.

Don't even get me started on the talking parrot.