Short USA Coin Hunt Deus 2

US clad coins found during a 3 hour hunt today at a big Denver area park. Most of the “trash” in the area I was hunting at was actually US zinc pennies and various pull tabs. Deus 2 really does well cherry picking US nickels and of course the rest of the modern US coins. Most targets were 3 to 6” deep and were recovered with a screwdriver using coin popping method. Little gold looking earring and part of a watch band are actually .925 silver.

I basically gridded a 20 by 60 yard area. I left a lot of zinc pennies in the ground. I got tired of digging them.

Deus 2 is just a fantastic modern USA coin hunting detector.

thanks for looking

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Very nice hunt Jeff, and you couldn't be more right about the coin capabilities of the D2. 👍 I have full confidence that if it is there it will find it. 

14 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Impressive ! 👍   

Deus 2’s target IDs are extremely accurate and consistent on modern US coins. My only issue with it is that the IDs change from day to day depending on soil moisture conditions and ground balance even using the exact same program and settings each day. So I carry a few coins with me to test before I start hunting. Today, surface to 6” US nickels were 62/63. Yesterday at a different site they were 60/61. Once I know what the target IDs are for the day, they are rock solid.

Impressive hunt for sure. Interesting about the TID changing so much with constant detector settings. Is there a large corresponding change in ground conditions?

11 minutes ago, JCR said:

Impressive hunt for sure. Interesting about the TID changing so much with constant detector settings. Is there a large corresponding change in ground conditions?

Not really much change in mineralization. We have had a lot of unusual rain lately. I noticed this when I first got my Deus 2 however and there has been no change from v0.71 to v1.10

Maybe a Deus 2 is in my future as I do really like accurate ID's.

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Maybe a Deus 2 is in my future as I do really like accurate ID's.

The IDs are really accurate aside from having them change a bit. At least they change unilaterally up or down a couple of numbers instead of just one type of conductivity changing randomly.

Once I know what they are, they are as accurate as the Equinox 600/800 but with a lot better target ID scale especially in the mid conductor range where the 600/800 only have about 10 target IDs and Deus 2 has 20.

Deus 2 has exhibited some minor up averaging on deeper targets but that may have more to do with the mineralization here which Deus 2 handles very well most of the time.

Great hunt and I know that was a lot of hard work. I see that you also got some very impressive pull tabs, I like that green one the best.

Good luck on your next outing.