Something New Coming For XP Deus II

☠ Cipher

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

If they do release a small elliptical would that not end of life the Deus 1? I guess not unless the Deus 2 improves its small gold capability which the small elliptical would help but not resolve I would guess seeing it's under performing against other detectors at the moment with similar or even larger coils hooked up.

I’m sure most of us imagining the small coil for the Deus 2 are also imagining the “small coil program” update to go along with it, for single frequency performance matching the ORX. I don’t care about multi on the small coil, which would probably require a different coil. Just let me use the existing coil.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sérgio Campos said:

This seems exciting for large gold areas!!! 😃

Would this be good machine for gold nuggets? Say one ounce and up?

How deep it would locate a one ouncer?

Would it be more efficient (for large nuggets) than a GPZ with standard coils (on medium mineralized soil)?

It might help for nuggets 1 kilogram and larger in milder ground, not something as small as an ounce nugget. Bottom line no, it’s not even remotely GPZ competition. Really it’s just an add on cache hunter for relic hunters, like the Garrett Treasurehound.

IMG_4450.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Well I imagine I will get joked on, but I love myDeus ll along with the three coils I own. They cover all the ground I need. Now for the two box, it also is intriguing as living on the east coast of Virginia, there is no shortage of treasure tales from pirates, civil war buried artifacts stolen from southern mansions, buried civil war payrolls and post hole banks galore!!! I for one am excited. 

All of those things are certainly possible.However a more realistic scenario would be an officers sword or sharps carbine or perhaps a navy colt at or below the four foot level the possibilities for iron relics are endless. And don't let the bones that you should happen to encounter make you queazy just pretend that you are an Archeologist and those poor souls that are long dead won't mind.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

They need the Deus 1 in their range anyway as you can't only sell a very high priced detector, you need something for the normal user to buy, the ORX isn't right for that, the Deus 1 covers it to a limited degree but it needs something over the Deus 2 and that small coil is it.

You can get a WS6 Master Deus 2 setup for less than a Deus 1 or even an Orx, so that's how to fill the lineup cost gap, done.  There is no real point of keeping the D1/Orx line alive purely for sub gram gold capability, they are way overpriced if that's the ONLY thing they can do better than the D2, which has them beat handily in every other capability.  Time for them to move on and fully embrace the otherwise superior successor they created.

40 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

All of those things are certainly possible.However a more realistic scenario would be an officers sword or sharps carbine or perhaps a navy colt at or below the four foot level the possibilities for iron relics are endless. And don't let the bones that you should happen to encounter make you queazy just pretend that you are an Archeologist and those poor souls that are long dead won't mind.

Been there done that  effectively with a metallic 5ft. spring probe (which can "detect" glass and ash that a deep seeker can't) and a Pulse Induction machine that can detect telltale supply barrel bands.  I doubt this will work in hot soil.  Probe has no issues with hot dirt.  :smile:

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Been there done that  effectively with a metallic 5ft. spring probe (which can "detect" glass and ash that a deep seeker can't) and a Pulse Induction machine that can detect telltale supply barrel bands.  I doubt this will work in hot soil.  Probe has no issues with hot dirt.  :smile:

5F4B4D87-A2B5-4931-B91B-542EFD9CB54B.thumb.jpeg.fd1a6a1ada7b62bd004f6bcd950e8513.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

BB5952BC-BB7C-41CB-A58E-1B2023E518E4_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.bcfbaefc64d30935f774e517ca14b07e.jpegAll probed out privy finds been there done that.

My Garrett CX II automatically switches to Static All Metal when the Blood Hound 2 Box is connected. No need to Ground Balance. Mineralized ground  effect is much reduced.  Target ID meter still works to some extent. Will not report nails or smaller than a beer can at shallower depths. Quart size & larger is what it is tuned for.  I have a small cast iron Dutch Over at 3 feet. No problem.

The 2box was also made by garrett many years ago on the gti2500 model, something similar seems to have been done by XP.

definitely with this project xp is targeting the European buying public.

As a deep scan researcher who has tested many probes intended for this type of research, I will tell you that power is not enough to penetrate deep, but the most important factor is the correct balance of the ground...

personally i believe that in a real investigation deus with this method will suffer from false signals and will not be reliable, of course time will tell what the real facts are.