• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Magic12 said:

I Hope it’s a 2 Box 

multi frecuency Coil

i own most of the 2 box detectors ever made 

and they my favorite detectors next to PI Units with coils 1 meter X 1 meter

I've never used such a machine.  What kinds of stuff have you found with yours - at what sort of depth?

Personally I would much rather see a PI coil over a two boxsetup. I may be a bit biased though as I live near Culpeper Virginia and already own a whites TM 808 that I have never used once. Actually I was looking for mortar shells on Monday and completely forgot I even owned the White's machine until I saw the post about the two box machine on here. I'm not as young as I used to be and if I dug a 5-ft deep hole expecting to find a mortar shell only to find a horseshoe I think that would ruin me for the rest of the day possibly the week lol.

Screenshot_20230623-042603_Chrome.jpg

A horseshoe is about as small a target as a 2 Box will usually pickup on at any depth.   I should get my CX II rig out but digging is not as effortless as it use to be.

I look at it this way, XP has been working on the 2-box rig for a while. If that is finally off of their plate, surely a 10x5" D2 coil would be the next thing and also a very easy build for them. They already have the formfactor from the D1. It doesn't have to be waterproof (although that would be preferable) and we all know they will sell a ton of 10x5 coils. I think they know all this. 😎