32" Spiral Coil For The Legacy Gp/gpx Series

This is an early result of a guy using the 32" Coil,  I would hate to dig holes this deep, but I'd love it for the finds just the same.

helmet.thumb.jpg.ce796b66a6a23ae8e81721366a63accc.jpg

He's still making the full video and I'll put it here when he's finished, he just made a little preview video.

• Like 3

Awesome. What age is that helmet, is it like Roman or Hun or something? Are they in Russia or more towards like Ukraine or Romania or something? 

the research I do is usually for objects that are at great depth, this particular bronze helmet seems to be close to a meter deep and can be easily located even with a 12*15 mono command. The large coils on the gpx 5000 can actually go much deeper if the metal alloy favors them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jasong said:

Awesome. What age is that helmet, is it like Roman or Hun or something? Are they in Russia or more towards like Ukraine or Romania or something? 

Not sure on the age of the Helmet but they do tend to find a few of them over in that part of the world

I've been told the ground is quite heavily hit where it was found being a productive area and the helmet was missed until now, one guy even ran the 25" DDX NF coil.

On 7/9/2023 at 8:50 AM, Kostas 13 said:

the research I do is usually for objects that are at great depth, this particular bronze helmet seems to be close to a meter deep and can be easily located even with a 12*15 mono command. The large coils on the gpx 5000 can actually go much deeper if the metal alloy favors them.

Here is the full video, the action of the find starts about the 6 and a half minute mark.

You will see he puts on a Coiltek coil to use as a pinpointer as 32" is way too big to narrow down the target, and the Coiltek coil doesn't hear the target until down into the hole.  It's very deep! It's really worth watching the video, pretty incredible.  He blurs the find a bit occasionally as they're often cautious about revealing too much about the finds and covers up the hole in a way nobody would know he even dug there.  The depth of the hole is amazing really, it took him all day and into the night to dig it.  I can't believe how deep old relics can be found.

The 15x12" coil would not find it and larger coils like the 25" Nugget Finder DDX have missed it in the past, it's a spot they've been getting bayonets out of with the previous coils.

@jasong I think you'll like the video, just the hard work the guy had to do to dig the hole exhausted me watching it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1