32" Spiral Coil For The Legacy Gp/gpx Series

A couple of years ago X-coils discontinued older legacy model GPX coils, however demand has been large in their part of the world by relic hunters and big deep gold hunters for a large coil, so they come up with the goods with a 32" Spiral wound GPX 4500/5000 coil.

It's an absolute monster of a coil, I can't imagine this being sold into the international market due to shipping a coil this size, hopefully the people in Europe can find some good deep relics and gold with this thing.

32inchspiral.thumb.jpg.4033a881ce1c5e25e93795f16aeb710c.jpg

32inchspiral2.png.9c94ee1db373dbf0bdb182c61799ae2a.png

It's good seeing some life brought into older models with all the excitement and talk these days of the newer models. 

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

5 minutes ago, Kostas 13 said:

he looks real monster do we know his weight?

I will find out for you.

• Like 1

That must weigh a ton……I suppose you could detect and do some land clearing at the same time 😳

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

That must weigh a ton……I suppose you could detect and do some land clearing at the same time 😳

yea, I can't imagine it's light, but if I was in a place that was viable to swing such a beast I'd gladly swing it.  It was made because of popular demand in their part of the world for ancient gold relics. 

• Like 1

32" spiral...mono coil? 

And you mentioned in the post GPX 4500/5000 and in the heading GP and GPX...it still work on the GP series?  

Weight will be interesting  👍

• Like 1

I haven't got the weight yet as all the prototypes are in the hands of people using them, X-coils don't have one on hand however it's unlikely to be all that heavy, the stock GPZ 14x13" is about 1300 grams from memory, the 22" Concentric coil for the GPZ from X-coils is right about on 1500 grams including skid plate so my guess is under 2000 grams.   I'd not be surprised if the Minelab GPZ 19" coil weighs more at 1830 grams especially seeing GPX windings are lighter than GPZ.

It would work on detectors like the GP3500.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was close, the weight is 1860 grams.  Basically the same weight as the GPZ 19" Coil, only 32 inches instead.

• Like 3